96k with Dante?

Home Forums Products Rackmount 96k with Dante?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      studioj
      Participant

Hi-

For the first time today I’m attempting to use the H9000 with a 96k session and having some difficulty. Emote stays “locked: 48000” even though my PT session is in 96k, the focusrite Red 8Pre is at 96k and set to leader etc… Is this because H9000 isn’t compatible with 96k or am I missing a setting somewhere in Dante controller or emote? Has there been an update that I should run? is it because of certain algorithms I have running? Thanks much!

monads
      Participant

Check to make sure the algorithms you’re running are 96k compatible?  Not all of them were upon release and we’re hoping an update is soon released that addresses these concerns.  I’m not experiencing any Dante 96k issues here; H9K, Dante Controller, Focusrite RedNet Dante PCIeR, AuroraN.

studioj
      Participant

I loaded a default session that just has thru routing and the H9000 doesn’t change to 96k. Should I be expecting the H9K to automatically switch to 96k when I start a PT session at that sample rate? or am I missing a setting somewhere? In Dante controller, I’m getting the Red Cross out stamp on all IO, and if I hover it says sample rate mismatch. PT session and focusrite are all running just fine though at 96k. Clock is set to Dante in H9K prefs and set to Internal (Dante) in the focusrite prefs. Thanks for your help!

studioj
      Participant

Ok I found the “device config” panel in the “Device View” in Dante Controller. And I was able to force the H9K to 96k there! So that’s something I’ll need to do anytime changing sample rates I guess? I’ve never had to do that with the focusrite, it is just automatic.

monads
      Participant

I typically set the sample rates via my converter/dante controller.  H9K then locks to whatever is present.  You could save Dante Controller setups/sample rates for sessions and load depending on the project?  Maybe explore that option and see.

studioj
      Participant

Yeah not too much trouble I guess. Would be nicer if there was a way just to force it automatically to whatever incoming clock was sending :). Maybe that is by design with Dante when there are multiple devices on the network at different sample rates. thx for the feedback!

monads
      Participant

Sure no problem!  Different setups/applications can get complicated. LOL.  If Dante Controller goes down (or OS compatibility issues) for me then my whole setup is defunct!  But Dante is so powerful/convenient (specially when combined with a network switch) I personally think it’s the best option.  But you have to invest time setting-up/routing connections correctly.  After that smooth sailing 😉

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.