a little advice before v4 is released please

Home Forums Products Rackmount a little advice before v4 is released please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      simeon
      Participant

just wanted to check a couple of things before the update is released.

before upgrading, i assume it's a good idea to save all user presets and your setup onto a card (i do this anyway for backup), but once the update has been installed, do we then have to save the setup again? if we ever have to "clear setup" for some reason, will we need to install a v4 version of it?

hope that makes sense

thanks

sim

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

When you install an update you are STRONGLY recommended to perform a clear setup. This is because old setup parameters may not be compatible with the new version. For the same reason, you should NOT attempt to load a saved setup from a previous version. Unfortunately, the best way is to manually reconfigure the unit.

This does NOT apply to saved (user) presets – these are safe to use with later versions.

simeon
      Participant

thanks nick….a bit of a drag, but at least i know to write down all my settings before upgrading

sim

simeon
      Participant

another question….does "clear setup" affect any midi maps that might be in place (i mean user variations on the standard ones)?

ta

sim

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Clear Setup returns the unit to factory default values. This applies to MIDI maps.

Sorry.

simeon
      Participant

ok, that's fine…!

another quick question – i have my user presets saved to a card as 500-599. if v4 is adding lots of new presets, presumably they will occupy slots 500 onwards in the machine. is this going to have implications for the presets on the card? should i save them again, but with higher preset numbers?

ta

sim

IDeangelis

I believe the new presets (about 58) will be placed between 800 and 870, while the TF and MF presets will live from 900 on. The presets stored to a card from 500 on should be fine, UNLESS they are stored to the slots I just mentioned for the new presets+pedals presets. The best thing you want to do is to back up all your works on a computer so that you'll be free to adjust placement later on, when V4.0 will be out. Just in case….

best

I

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.