Home Forums Products Rackmount a question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Dario

Hi folks,

i would like to understand the reason of this sound/path process,

to make this,I need to  explain the chain of my setup,

it includes two Markbass Combo Amps (CMD 121H),the 2 Sends and the 2 Returns on the rear panel of my combo amps,feed the Ins and Outs of my H8000,for a perfect stereo path,in a typical send/return wiring

my bass,through a volume pedal,goes in One frontal input of an Amp

Markbass Combo Amp  1send

>H8000 IN 1

Markbass Combo Amp 2 send

>H8000 IN 2

Markbass Combo Amp 1 return

>H8000 OUT 1

Markbass Combo Amp 2 retrun

>H8000 OUT 2

bass—->in Volume Ped out

> Frontal Input of one of the 2 Amps

now,my question: is normal that I listen to an higher volume sound on an Amp,let's say the 1 and I listen to a lower and almost completely wet signal on the other Amp?                                          

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

More questions. Sorry.

1) What routing are you using ?

2) What presets does this occur with ? (Name at least one).

3) Does it make any difference if you remove the volume pedal ?

4) Do you get the same thing with a THRU preset ?

Dario

Hi,

the routing is A-B(the first one on the routing menu)with the wet/dry Level at 50% on DSP A and DSP B

an example Preset:

also,with the preset #218 I listen to only the Wet sound on an Amp and I listen to a complete Dry sound on the other Amp

I have to try if It does any difference if I remove a volume pedal and if I load a THRU preset

thanks a lot

Dario

Hi,

the routing is A-B(the first one on the routing menu)

an example Preset:

also,with the preset #218 I listen to the Wet sound on an Amp and I listen to a complete Dry sound on the other Amp

I have to try if It does any difference if I remove a volume pedal and if I load a THRU preset

thanks

Dario

Hi nickrose,

excuse me for the mistakes on the multiple replies answers 🙂

anyway,based on your questions,I've tried everything both without the Vol.pedal and in THRU too, this is the final result:

with a preset like the 6518(Pcm 70 Sax Hall) this is the result:

on the Fronta Input of the Amp 1,where is connected my bass, I listen to a litlle bit higher volume signal,with a good balance between the sound of my bass and the wet sound, instead on the Amp 2,where there isn't connected anything on the Frontal Input,I listen only a full wet signal.

with a preset like 218 (Gorgeus Delays),with the same wiring,I listen to the sound ONLY on the Amp 1,where is connected my bass,on the Amp 2 there is NO SOUND.

the same happens if I load the preset #12 THRU,the signal becomes MONO,like the preset #218(Gorgeous Delay) and I only listen to the sound on one of the 2 Amps.

also,with the help of my DAW,I've noticed that when I load THRU or a preset like the #218 the signal is Mono,when I load a preset like the #6518 the signal becomes Stereo,but with the problem that I listen to a different kind of sound on the 2 Amps,as I said before.

the only way that I found to solve this problem,is to use an Y cable jack mono—dual mono,

but I guess that this is not the best solution,

let me know

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.