about the adsr mod

Home Forums Products Rackmount about the adsr mod

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jfcharles

Hi there,

As far as I understand, the adsr in the Eclipse work as described in the "adsr.pdf" available at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/eventidehelps/files/EVENTIDE%20KNOWLEDGE%20%26%20TECHNOTES/

It's actually quite different from the description page 43 of the Eclipse manual. From the manual, I thought that we could have an actual long sustain even if the trigger signal is a short hit, but from my ears and after reading the adsr.pdf, I understand that as soon as the trigger signal is below the threshold, it triggers the release.

Let me know if I misunderstood something. Otherwise, it would be good to update the manual, especially the picture page 43.

And feature request:  that would be great to not trigger the release when the input signal is below the threshold, would enable for short hits opening a long envelope.

Jean-François. 

IDeangelis

Hi JF

the technote you refer to is actually describing the ADSR module available in the bigger Eventides (7000 to 8000) and might not exactly reflect how the ADSR works in Eclipse.

The Eclipse manual description is what you should consider correct for your unit.

all the best

I

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Your understanding of the operation of the ADSR is correct. This is how ADSRs work – the sustain level is only held while the trigger is present – think of a keyboard synthesizer.

You could (and apparently would) argue that the manual does not fully cover this issue. We'll update it.

Seems to me that you could probably get what you are looking for by setting both decay and release to some high value.

jfcharles

Thanks for the answer.

Another thing that is incorrect in the manual (as far as I can hear when I test) is the DLEVEL: the peak of the attack is not set by DLEVEL in the Eclipse. It seems to work rather as described in the adsr.pdf, with a fixed peak at 1, then go to DLEVEL in DECAY time.

Anyway, thanks for the quick reply, that was very useful!

Best,

J-F

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.