about the H8000fw used for livesound

Home Forums Products Rackmount about the H8000fw used for livesound

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      hilluh

hello all,

i've allready checked the manual for the possibility's using the H8000 for livesound but i would like to know the experience's of other engineers.

e.g.

your routing (via aux/ inserts, group inserts, using Mbox . . .

handling, mixing and fooling around with the H8000 at the same time . . .

favorite banks

do you use the eve/net?

thanks alot already!!

regards,

Thomas Hillen 

IDeangelis

Hi Thomas

I am the creator of most of the Eventide presets/algorithms in the H8000.

Talking about FoH apps:

the main concept is that no matter which audio format(s) you will be using, the unit has 8 physical I/Os from/to the external world. The 2 DSPs can run 2 presets at the same time and have 8 software I/Os. These 16 outputs can be summed at output stage but mixing will be necessary internally. So most people may end up using the H8000 as 2 parallel routed machines, running 4 mono FX or 2 stereo ones or combos of them in each DSP. It's also possible to run 4 stereo FX in each DSP but you'll have to sum outputs internally (ROUTING) and set levels inside the Eventide.

There are presets written with FoH in mind:

Bank 16 is actually named Front of the House. It contains many mono/stereo/multi stereo presets, like 4 verbs in a single preset and many other popular fx.

Bank 32 Multiple Machines has a terrific variety of 4 to 8 I/Os mono/stereo/combos FX, from 4 mono compressors>EQ+ 2 Stereo Vintage Delays to Stereo BandDelays+Filtered Dlys+Ducked Vintage Dlys to Diatonic Shift+delays+reverb to MicroPitch+Pcm70 style verb+Pan Dly. The presets manual has all the info about these terrific tools.

Even the mighty MIDI Virtual Racks in the last banks can provide a lot of functionality to FoH, being presets with 5 processors in each and 10 storable tweaks that can be recalled manually or via a single MID CC message.

The typical use would be connecting the H8000FW so that your mixing board Aux Sends will interface with the Eventide for Send/Return audio to FX and back, as you  perfectly know in your work.

Please don't hesitate to ask any specific question you might have.

all the best

Italo 

hilluh

for multiple machines you'll need 8 in and outputs for some presets; there are only 4XLR ins and outs. do you need a Mbox or something like that to create 4 more ins and outs? or are 2effects combined on 1 output?

to bad that eventide is not on the prolight+sound messe in Frankfurt because i would really like to try the remote and there are not that many eventide retailers overhere in the Netherlands Tongue Tied

drooney

Hi Hiluh, Although it is true that there are only 4 Analog XLR I/O, you can achieve up to 8 channels of AES/EBU with the DB25 connector, ADAT and FW cables respectively. And as Italo mentioned with the Multiple Machines bank, you can have from 4 to 8 I/O. Eventide is being represented at Messe in Frankfurt. You should stop by the booth if possible. Be well.

hilluh

now i seeGeeked  ( looked over the db25)

i'll certainly stop by the Eventide stand!

i'm sure i want the h8000; no big heavy rack anymore!!

what i have to find out @ the messe is what the remote can do for me according to handling.

thanks for the quick response drooney!

Thomas Hillen 

IDeangelis

The german distributor is  Sound Service- Berlin.

They should be at the Messe.

IDeangelis

Thomas

the EveNet allows remote control of up to 4 Eventide units, thru a dedicated ethernet cable. In addition to this, 8 encoders are available and are hard_wired to the 8 parameters you may see in a single display screen.. Encoders can be clicked to load unit(s) setups/routing and 2 presets along with them. The remote replicates the unit front panel with display/soft keys and the Big Knob. the encoders are added to it.

You can check its manual on our website.

all the best

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.