Accessing Compact Flash Card

Home Forums Products Rackmount Accessing Compact Flash Card

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      randy15788

I don't mean to sound like a moron but is there a secret passage to accessing the menu to save and load programs onto the Flash card? I have read the manual on pg. 20 & 53 and it doesn't have a walk through procedure. I just downloaded the Beta 3.5B4 update but at this point I'm stuck. The Eclipse sees the 2GB card but I don't have a clue how to access it. I Just Got it yesterday.

Thanks Much;
      Randy

IDeangelis

HI Randy

Eclipse stores presets on a card starting from #500. You decide where to store a preset, choosing its number.

0>99 : internal memory

500>999 : card

best

randy15788

Hi IDeangelis;

So what you are saying is when I copy internal user programs 001-015 to 501 to 515 the busy light will come on showing those programs are being copied correct? But how do load from the card?

Thx Randy

IDeangelis

Yes, the Busy led will light up showing that the presets are being copied to the card.

To load from the card, simply press program and either scroll thru the presets with the KNOB, reaching for #501 or just compose the number 5-0-1 on the numeric keypad and press ENT(er), then press the <LOAD> key.

randy15788

Where would the operating system (V3.5B4) on the card be located? And are there any special instruction regarding the installation of V3.5B4. I am currently running 3.01.

Thanks again;
      Randy

IDeangelis

Randy

if you just got your unit, it's not adviced you install a BETA OS; better wait for the official release.

Anyway after downloading Eclipse V3.5 Beta 4 Update – Compact Flash, unzip it and copy the files to the card using an usb Compact Flash Card reader.

The files must be copied to the card, NOT in a folder.

Then insert the card and power Eclipse on pressing and holding the 1 KEY.

The unit will walk you thru the update.

randy15788

IDeangelis;

I did download the contents of the OS to the card and not as a folder as you suggested. I will take your advice on the beta and wait for the official release.
      Thanks again for your prompt and knowledgeable replies!

Randy

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.