ADAT H9000 minor glitch

Home Forums Products Rackmount ADAT H9000 minor glitch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      ssgrfk
      Participant

hello

i have the H9000 connected via ADAT to a RME Fireface UFX and i am using primarily Ableton Live 10.x as my DAW.

everything is fine but occasionally i get a single glitch pop sound, at random intervals, out of the H9000 output, a single glitch that will occur perhaps once every 10 or 20 minutes or so, and it only happens as a singular glitch.. so its easily removed from any recordings and not a big deal at all. but just wondering if anyone has any obvious tips or things i could do to try and eliminate it.

it happens too infrequently to demand a deeper investigation at this point but if anyone has any advice. pls share.

thx!

floresp640
      Eventide Staff
      ssgrfk wrote:

hello

i have the H9000 connected via ADAT to a RME Fireface UFX and i am using primarily Ableton Live 10.x as my DAW.

everything is fine but occasionally i get a single glitch pop sound, at random intervals, out of the H9000 output, a single glitch that will occur perhaps once every 10 or 20 minutes or so, and it only happens as a singular glitch.. so its easily removed from any recordings and not a big deal at all. but just wondering if anyone has any obvious tips or things i could do to try and eliminate it.

it happens too infrequently to demand a deeper investigation at this point but if anyone has any advice. pls share.

thx!

Hi! What version of the H9000 software are you running? Also, how are you clocking the H9000? 

Thanks! 

ssgrfk
      Participant

Hello.

on the Hardware Unit it is 1.2.1[5]

the clock source is internal.

thx!

donrwatters
      Participant

I get these pops and clicks when the H9000 and my audio interface aren’t sync’ed. I usually hard restart the audio interface because it’s set to external sync or I reset the sync rate on the H9000 (switch from 48k to 44.1k and back). This doesn’t happen often, maybe once every couple of months. I keep my rack gear on 24/7, so, it’s bound to get out of sync occasionally.

John Baylies
      Participant

I'm using an H9000R (with a dante card) connected to a RME Fireface 800 via ADAT with no word clock cable.

H9KR

Clocksource: Exp B (Dante)

DA_Mode ADAT

Clock Rate Locked: 48000

Fireface 800

Clock Mode AutoSync

Preferred Sync Ref ADAT 1

Sample Rate 48000

joeydego
      Participant

Same issue here. Cycling the clock source usually corrects the issue for hours. 

bsfreq
      Participant

Just replied to a similar topic here: https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/rackmount/im-getting-pops-my-audio-h9000

Sounds like the same issue. I’m also using the H9000 with an RME interface, but clocked via MADI.

floresp640
      Eventide Staff
      ssgrfk wrote:

Hello.

on the Hardware Unit it is 1.2.1[5]

the clock source is internal.

thx!

Hmm okay so thie first thing I would try is to update to the latest software which is 1.2.2[3]. The next thinhg I would check out is to go to change your clock source to ADAT rather than internal so that you are locked in to ADAT even if it drifts slightly. 

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      donrwatters wrote:
      I get these pops and clicks when the H9000 and my audio interface aren’t sync’ed. I usually hard restart the audio interface because it’s set to external sync or I reset the sync rate on the H9000 (switch from 48k to 44.1k and back). This doesn’t happen often, maybe once every couple of months. I keep my rack gear on 24/7, so, it’s bound to get out of sync occasionally.

How are you syncing your audio interface and the H9000?  With ADAT, AES, word clock, or using an aggregate device?

donrwatters
      Participant
      jbamberg wrote:

How are you syncing your audio interface and the H9000?  With ADAT, AES, word clock, or using an aggregate device?

The Audio Interface reads the session info and then syncs to the session.  The Audio Interface is set to Clock Source: Internal.  Then the H9000 syncs from that via Word Clock.

In the H9000, I have the following settings showing:

Clocksource: Word Clock

DA_Mode: ADAT

WCLK_TERM: Enabled

Clock Rate: Locked:48000

USB Driver: Detached

I use the H9000 as my Dante Master and everything syncs off of that.  So. once it syncs to the session (which is usually either 48k or 44.1k depending on the session), then everything else syncs to the H9000.

I have 7 other Dante devices on the network, all following the H9000.

joeydego
      Participant
      bsfreq wrote:
      Just replied to a similar topic here: https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/rackmount/im-getting-pops-my-audio-h9000 Sounds like the same issue. I’m also using the H9000 with an RME interface, but clocked via MADI.

if you switch your clocking to internal and then back to MADI, do you get any consistent audio before it starts up again? 

bsfreq
      Participant
      joeydego wrote:
      if you switch your clocking to internal and then back to MADI, do you get any consistent audio before it starts up again?

I already updated to 1.2.254. We’ll see if the update fixed it for me. Don’t have time to properly test right now..

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.