ADAT Sample Rate H9000 issue with Apollo x8p

Home Forums Products Rackmount ADAT Sample Rate H9000 issue with Apollo x8p

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      maxenbit
      Participant

Hi, I use an Apollo x8p connected to a MacBook Pro 16″ as a preamp (via ADAT) for the H9000. When I turn on the H9000 allays indicate at the H9000 display that there is a sample rate mismatch (USB AUDIO MUTE IS ON). I have checked and both sample rates of the UA x8p and the H9000 and are the same (for example 44K). I solved this issue changing the H9000 inputs sample rate from 44K to 48K and back to 44K at the Audio/MIDI Setup – Audio Devices on Mac and after that change the USB AUDIO MUTE IS ON disappears from the H9000 front display and everything works fine .

Is there an explanation or known solution for this issue?

Thanks!

Xavier

John Baylies
      Participant

Hi Xavier,

This comment from Joe Bamberg explains the issue: https://www.eventideaudio.com/comment/36183#comment-36183

Quote:
      Unfortunately this is in the nature of asynchronous USB audio.  USB audio devices that use synchronous mode are a lot simpler to use;  you just plug them into your computer and they pretty much “just work”.  The H9000, however, uses asynchronous mode, and unfortunately, that means it might need additional configuration for it to work correctly.  It has to use this more complicated mode, because it supports many different audio protocols with different possible clock sources.   To use USB audio on the H9000, you’ll first want to set the sample rate you want to use on the H9000 or in Emote;  you can do this on the H9000 in SETUP mode on the Clock page or in Emote on the SESSIONS page on the Clock tab.  Then, you’ll want to make sure that the computer is using the same sample rate.  If the sample rate is or was mismatched between the H9000 and the computer, USB audio will be muted.  To fix the sample rate mismatch problem, sometimes you need to switch the H9000 USB Audio device in the Audio MIDI Setup app to the wrong sample rate and then back to the right sample rate.  This is described in more detail in the H9000 manual.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

joeydego
      Participant

Are you using the USB audio from the H9000? If not, there is no benefit to having the USB cable connected. I took mine out. I’m on PC, so perhaps you have it set up as an aggregate device in OSX. For only ADAT and audio use, you dont need it for anything. 

maxenbit
      Participant

Thanks Diego & joeydego! 

Xavier

John Baylies
      Participant
      joeydego wrote:
      Are you using the USB audio from the H9000? If not, there is no benefit to having the USB cable connected.

That's not entirely true. I don't use USB for audio, but I do use USB for MIDI extensively.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.