aes 8 !!!!!!

Home Forums Products Rackmount aes 8 !!!!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      teddy

Hi,

I tried to use aes 8 digitial but It's really bad. I have a metric halo LIO 8 and H8000Fw.

I tried to use

1. this cable : http://www.univers-sons.com/audio/cordial-cable-tdif-d-sub-d-sub-3m-sfd3ddt.html  (CORDIAL TDIF) : 1. the signal goes out my sound card 2. I see the signal in H8000fw leds but not in the correct order (I send to 7,8 -> I see in the 5,6) and I never see the led of 1,2 in the H8000 when I send to 1,2.    3. No sound return 4. Sometimes like a ping signal that go out the H8000

2. this cable : http://www.thomann.de/fr/digidesign_db25_db_25_digisnake_4.htm (DIGIDESIGN DIGISNAKE 4). 1. the signal goes out my sound card   2. I don't see signals the H8000 leds 3. No sound return

Please can you say me what sort of cable is ok for the H8000 ??!! I begin to lose patience with this hardware.

thanks. Excuse my words but the I really lose patience about this hardware.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The cabling connection information is at the back of the User Manual.  It is unreasonable to blame the hardware if it does not work when not connected properly.

I have looked at Metric Halo's Web Site but cannot find connection information for their product – if you can find it for me I can try and tell you how to connect it.

What usually works is to use the Digidesign DB25 to XLR snake mentioned in our User Manual, and then whatever cable the other equipment requires to give an XLR output and connect them together. This is obviously more expensive than a single cable but it has two BIG advantages:

1) It is very flexible.

2) It will work.

teddy

Hi,

I found the spec of the LIO 8 : 

http://mhsecure.com/v5mm/LIO-8Specs.html

AES Connector (8 Channels In and Out) DB-25
      AES Connector Pinout Tascam/Digidesign Digital

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hi Teddy – this is the one I found as well. But – I need the actual pinout of the connector in order to see what your problem is – I'll see if MH will give it to me.

Until then, my guess is that your MH connector is wired the same way as the H8000's, so if you connect them together you are connecting in to in and out to out, so of course it does not work. If this is the case, you either need a custom cable, or TWO Digi snakes, connected male to female as described earlier.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hi Teddy – got a reply from the good people at MH. It is as I thought – their connector is wired the same as ours, so connecting the two directly will not work.

nickrose:

you either need a custom cable, or TWO Digi snakes, connected male to female as described earlier.

teddy

Hi nickrose,

I see that the only solution is to have two cables. Hmm

Thanks for your help.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.