AGGREGATE DEVICE

Home Forums Products Rackmount AGGREGATE DEVICE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Audiotistic

Hi,

I have my apogee ensemble connected to MAC 10.6.8 via FW and apogee to H8000 via ADAT OPT…..the UM says to set up aggregate device do i still need to do this as i only want to use H8000 for FX processing on logic environment busses or can i simply designate ensemble as my core audio driver. 

Also, do i need to conect the ensemble & H8000 together via FW?…….do i need to connect ensemble & H8000 via word clock cables?……i will make ensemble the master clock and slave everything else to it over ADAT.

Thx

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Your questions are probably a little beyond this forum's remit, but I'll try.

You should probably talk to Mr.Mac about the computer issues, but my understanding is that you need to use an aggregate device if you have more that one external equipment connecting audio to your computer.So, if you connected audio from both your Apogee and H8000 to the computer you would need an aggregate device, but if, for example, your H8000 was only connected externally and not to the computer, you would not.

As you mention, you would probably want to use the Apogee as the clock master, and sync the H8000 to it using wordclock or optical – it is best to avoid using FireWire as a clock source.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.