All Eventide products ignore iLok activation

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins All Eventide products ignore iLok activation

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      EventideBoy
      Participant

I have had a Quadravox plugin for a couple of years. Never used it, as after 2 hours of frustration, going round registration loops, it just opens every time saying “Product requires activation” It sdays I do not have a license in iLok, despite my iLok manager clearly showing it there.

Having just purchased a 2016 Room Reverb, downloaded the installer, registered the plugin on the site and activated the license in iLok. I have just been reminded why I dont buy Eventide. Another 2 hours, only to achieve the same result. Never had this problem with any other manufacturers. Has anyone else experienced this? It is very frustrating.

EventideBoy
      Participant

Well the second of these was my fault, as I had downloaded an installer for a different plugin with an almost identical name. Quadrazvox still no resolution however

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hello,

Sorry for the issues you are having. Please see below and do the steps that apply:

Windows:

1. Confirm that you have the latest version of the plug-in installed: https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/plugins
      2. Confirm that you have the latest version of iLok License Manager installed.If you already have iLok License Manager installed, open iLok License Manager and select Help → Check For Application Updates. If you do not have iLok License Manager installed, download the installer at http://www.ilok.com and install.
      3. Make sure the plug-in license is activated to your machine or iLok dongle in the iLok License Manager.
      4. If you are using VST2, Eventide Plug-ins are installed to the following locations by default. Please make sure that your DAW is set to look at the applicable custom folder: VST32: c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2\Eventide\
      VST64: c:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2\Eventide\
      5. If steps 1-4 don’t solve your issue, close your DAW and run the plug-in uninstaller. The uninstaller is located at Start Menu->Control Panel->Programs and Features->Uninstall a Program
      6. Open your DAW and rescan your plug-ins, and then shut your DAW again.
      7. Deactivate and reactivate the plug-in license in iLok License Manager.
      8.Reinstall your plug-in.
      9. Reopen your DAW and rescan your plug-ins.

Mac:

1. Confirm you have the latest version of your plug-in installed: https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/plugins
      2. Confirm that you have the latest version of iLok License Manager installed.If you already have iLok License Manager installed, open iLok License Manager and select iLok License Manager → Check For Application Updates in the toolbar. If you do not have iLok License Manager installed, download the installer at http://www.ilok.com and install.
      3. Make sure the plug-in license is activated to your machine or iLok dongle in the iLok License Manager.
      4. If steps 1-3 don’t solve your issue, close your DAW and uninstall the plugins.
      Newer plug-ins have an uninstaller is located at /Applications/Eventide/Uninstallers.
      For older plug-ins without an uninstaller, delete the following files:
      AAX: Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-ins/Eventide/<plugin name>.aaxplugin
      VST: Mac HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST/Eventide/<plugin name>.vst
      AU: Mac HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components/<plugin name>.component
      Presets and Docs: ~/Music/Eventide/<Plugin Name>/ (whole folder)
      5. Open your DAW and rescan your plug-ins, and then shut your DAW again.
      6. Deactivate and reactivate the plug-in license in iLok License Manager.
      7. Reinstall your plug-in.
      8. Reopen your DAW and rescan your plug-ins.
      9. AudioUnit only: If still not showing, some macOSes occasionally require a restart for Audio plugins to correctly scan.

Let me know what happens.

audiomiditweaker
        Participant

Hi!

Same here.. I ran through all the steps but I get stuck on the “Select Licsense to Activate” window… I can only quit the other options are blurred out.

This while I am running the iLok Manager in the background. (See screenshot)

What can I do? I am on Mac10.11.6 El Capitan

Thanks

AMT

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Please email support@eventide.com and provide your iLok information and we can help you there.

gparkes
      Participant

This worked for me.  For windows be sure to perform step 6.  I didn’t and Blackhole didn’t show up in my plug-ins.  Once I performed the process again and didn’t blow off step 6, Blackhole showed up in my plug-ins.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Glad to hear this helped!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.