All my plugins are crashing

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins All my plugins are crashing

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      scottydamned
      Participant

Here’s the situation:  I built a new computer so I could upgrade to Windows 10 (I was forced to do a clean install on a new drive as well). I copied over my DAW  (Reaper) folder and all the VSTs and their folders. When loading up and testing the Eventide VSTs they scanned in to Reaper fine, and when I added any one of them to a track they loaded up ofine. But the second I move my mouse over the VST window the mouse icon goes to the circular “busy”, the VST freezes and then Reaper crashes and exits out.

I then downloaded the latest versions of all the Eventide VSTs I have from the site and ran their installs hoping that would correct any issues (that maybe it was a registry thing or something else). Unfortunately the same thing keeps happening, vst loads and then freezes whenever I attempt to interact with it and crashes Reaper.

Any help would be appreciated, all my project work is frozen until I get this taken care of.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you’re having. Please follow the general troubleshooting steps below and let me know if that resolves your issue:

1. Confirm that you have the latest version of the plug-in installed: https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/plugins
      2. Confirm that you have the latest version of iLok License Manager installed (www.ilok.com).

3. Make sure the plug-in license is activated to your machine or iLok dongle in the iLok License Manager.

4. If you are using VST2, Eventide Plug-ins are installed to the following locations by default. Please make sure that your DAW is set to look at the applicable custom folder:

-VST32: c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2\Eventide\

-VST64: c:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2\Eventide\

5. If steps 1-4 don’t solve your issue, close your DAW and run the plug-in Uninstaller. The uninstaller is located at Start Menu->Control Panel->Programs and Features->Uninstall a Program

6. Open your DAW and rescan you plug-ins, and then shut your DAW again.

7. Deactivate and reactivate the plug-in license in iLok License Manager.

8. Reinstall your plug-in. If you are installing VST2 to a custom folder, make absolutely sure you are installing the correct 32 or 64-bit version to that folder.

9. Reopen your DAW and rescan your plug-ins.

If you are still experiencing crashes, please upload a crashlog from Reaper and we can look into it.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.