Analog ‘right’ output (XLR and unbalanced) makes inaudible noise

Home Forums Products Rackmount Analog ‘right’ output (XLR and unbalanced) makes inaudible noise

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      iamfractal

Hi great respect to Eventide team, sorry in adavance because my english is not so fluent..

My eclipse is doing a strange behavior.. I was using it with Adat port, externally clocked (44.1khz by my apogee big ben), so everything was fine. The problem came up when I used analog outputs.

If I turn off the digi in(analog I/O activated, no more Adat connection), the right level meter lights up to half of it, like some audible signal flows, but in fact no real  sound happens. and if I feed some input signal from my synth (of course stereo), both signal don't match each other, left is far more lager than right as if I made some panpot position to left-forward. Even the audio signal is not provided(totally disconnected from any analog signal), the right meter always shines (to half ot the meter..) If I turn on the digi input again and make some proper word clocking, the problem is gone. I reinstalled os 4.01, did a factory reset, cleaned all ram and memory banks but in vain. maybe the right channel D/A converter freaked out? 

I cannot use my eclipse in analog mode.I checked not only XLR outputs but also unbalanced jacks.. So frustrated and tired.. I'm not in US so I can't afford to send my unit back to Eventide easily.. please help me to solve this issue Eventide team.. thanks in advance..

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

When you are trying to use the analog input, what sync source are you using ? Have you tried others ?

When you connect to the analog inputs, what cables are you using ? Have you made sure that all pins (1,2 and 3) of the XLR are connected to something ? My guess is that either pin 2 or pin 3 are unconnected, or that if you connect to the 1/4" you are using a tip-ring-sleeve cable, and again one of the pins is unconnected. See p.9 of the User manual.

iamfractal

thank you for reply Nick! 

I set internal clock (44.1khz) when I checked analog I/Os.. no digital or word sync..

Even I never connected any analog input source, the strange noise (it fills half of the right meter) keep bleeding, actually inaudible but I think it prevents to sound right channel properly.. Much much lower than left output.. I already checked the all connection and cable.. even no I/Os are connected, it shows some ghost noise on right channel.. help me please!  

iamfractal

thank you for kind answer Nick! 

I set the internal clock (44.1khz) as a sync source when I checked analog I/Os.. no digi or word sync

definitely.. 

Even I never connect any input and output cable (eclipse itself) the inaudible signal exists and it fills

half of the right meter.. like some test tone keeps bleeding on right channel.. I'm really desperate..

I don't think it is involved with cable stuff (no wrong pin soldering),, please help me to fix my issue

thanks again

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I repeat. Have you made sure that all pins (1,2 and 3) of the XLR are connected to something ?

The fact that you get the problem with nothing connected suggests this may be the issue.I believe that this is the most likely explanation.

If it is not this, or you do not wish to consider it, you will have to send the unit in for service.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.