Anthology X VST Scan Hang With Sonar Platinum 21.9.00 Build 40 Jamaica Plain – x64

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Anthology X VST Scan Hang With Sonar Platinum 21.9.00 Build 40 Jamaica Plain – x64

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Lunatek
      Participant

Hello,

I just purchased Anthology X and was able to successfully activate it with the latest version of iLok License Manager.  However, the latest version of Sonar Platinum stops processing the VST Scan once it reaches H910 Dual Harmonizer.dll.  I’m running Wndows 8.1 Professional (64-bit).  Aside from a compatibility issue or bug, what should I use as a workaround?

Thanks!

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi Lunatek-

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with Anthology X and Sonar. Are you running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Sonar Platinum (I'm not sure if you're referring to Sonar or Windows being x64 in your title)?

Make sure that you have Sonar looking in the correct plug-in location. 32-bit plug-ins are located at C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesSteinbergVST2, and 64-bit plug-ins at C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesSteinbergVST2. That being said, we have heard others report issues with some of the plug-ins on the Windows side, and are looking more into the issue.

Best,

Tom

Lunatek
        Participant
        TLongabaugh wrote:

Are you running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Sonar Platinum (I’m not sure if you’re referring to Sonar or Windows being x64 in your title)?

I failed to mention…both Windows 8.1 Pro and Sonar Platinum are 64-bit.

Stephen

Lunatek
      Participant

Hi Tom,

I didn’t save the plugins in the default directory, as I wanted to keep them with my other plugins in the default folder I created.

The plugins loaded in Sound Forge Pro 11 (temporarily, as 32-bit plugins only, until subsequent scans would crash Sound Forge) and WaveLab 8.5.  I ran into another issue using Octavox as a test in WaveLab 8.5.  When I clicked the field in Scale, it left the menu in the background, not the foreground, so you can’t see all of the presets.  In Sound Forge Pro 11, that same plugin produces a message stating the following:

“An error occurred while loading a plug-in.  An invalid argument was specified.”

I don’t see an option to uninstall Anthology X in Programs and Features.  What if I wanted to remove 32-bit plugins and keep only the 64-bit plugins?  I’d have to say it’s a little rough around the edges.

Best,

Stephen

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi Lunatek-

Thank you for the info. I am fairly sure this is related to an issue we had with some corrupted libraries on certain configurations of Windows, which we plan to have a fix for on Monday – I will let you know as soon as it is ready.

As far as the dropdown menu appearing behind the plug-in, I haven't seen that behavior. Does it occur right when you click the drop down, or if you click the dropdown and then somewhere else in the DAW or plug-in?

We don't have an uninstall feature yet, but if you've moved the 32-bit plug-ins to a custom folder, then simply remove them from that folder.

Best,

Tom

Lunatek
        Participant
        TLongabaugh wrote:

As far as the dropdown menu appearing behind the plug-in, I haven’t seen that behavior. Does it occur right when you click the drop down, or if you click the dropdown and then somewhere else in the DAW or plug-in?

Yes, it happens right when I click the drop-down box.

Best,

Stephen

eventied
      Participant

VST v1.0.1 crashes Studio One 2 and 3, Live 9 and Reaper 5 at plugin scanning. Win7 x32, all DAWs are latest version.

There are 5 plugins from the bundle that crash the DAWs: H910 Dual, H949, H949 Dual, Instant Flanger and Omnipressor. The rest are ok.

eventied
      Participant

VST v1.0.1 crashes Studio One 2 and 3, Live 9 and Reaper 5 at plugin scanning. Win7 x32, all DAWs are latest version.

There are 5 plugins from the bundle that crash the DAWs: H910 Dual, H949, H949 Dual, Instant Flanger and Omnipressor. The rest are ok.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi All-

We've fixed the issue with crashes on Windows 32-bit with those five plug-ins. We will have an update available shortly, after some internal testing.

As far as the dropdown menu appearing behind the plug-in, I will have to look more into that.

Best,

Tom

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.