Any reason the Scene capture mode is SO slow?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Any reason the Scene capture mode is SO slow?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      moschops
      Participant

HI,

Sorry I don’t mean to be rude but any reason the Scene capture mode is SO slow?

You have to be careful you don’t do anything for quite a while after executing this function as you will likely lose any changes to the scene, it’s not obvious when it’s finished the operation either and sometimes when you think it’s finished it will carry on ‘capturing’ 🙂

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

The amount of time it takes a scene to capture depends on a few things; how much information is in the scene you are capturing (how many fx chains, algs, etc) and how much scene data has already been saved. 

For example, if I have a blank session with no scenes and I create a new scene map, the first scene will capture quickly, but each scene I capture after will take longer because of the previous scenes that were saved. If the scene captures you are doing have many fx chains and algs, this will make the captures take longer. 

Let me know if that is the same behavior you are experiencing. We will look into making the scene captures happen quickly when there is previous scene data saved. 

I've also added a ticket to have a popup in Emote let you know when a scene is being captured. If this is an issue for you, you can use the front panel to capture scenes and a popup message will show up on the H9k's screen while the scene is capturing. 

moschops
      Participant

HI,

Thanks, yes something to show progress would be helpful to not erase unsaved data.

Still don’t understand why if say you only change 1 parameter value it takes so long to save, can’t just the changed/unsaved values be saved rather than everything from the start?

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff
      moschops wrote:

HI,

Thanks, yes something to show progress would be helpful to not erase unsaved data.

Still don't understand why if say you only change 1 parameter value it takes so long to save, can't just the changed/unsaved values be saved rather than everything from the start?

Even if you are just changing one parameter, you are still telling the H9000 to capture the entire scene, so it will take a bit of time for the full capture to happen. 

You could always build your scenes by adding individual actions such as loading a single FX chain or algorithm. 

For example: 

1. Capture your first scene

2. Make a parameter adjustment. Save that as a preset. 

3. Make another scene with an action that loads the preset you just saved. 

4. Now, when you load the 2nd scene, you will have the desired preset loaded in the FX chain or algorithm slot you specified when you created the action.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.