Anything happening 2024?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Anything happening 2024?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      qepic7
      Participant

Hi,

Thinking about buying gear in the near future, and was wondering if Eventide was going to give the H9000 any love as far as expansion cards or new arm processors in the coming year.  I’d gladly like to spend the hardware $$ on my favorite processor.

I know nothing specific can be mentioned here, but was just wondering if 2024 would be the year H9000 owners could see some activity that would bring some more mojo to our big investment (besides software updates).  I think we’ve been a patient bunch, so just kindly checking in.

Best,

tstern
      Eventide Staff

You’re correct that we can’t tell you what we’re working on, but we’d love to hear what you want.

Specifically, what expansion I/O would contribute to your ability to integrate the H9000 into your workflow?

qepic7
        Participant

Thanks for replying!

I’m just looking for I/O expansion that would add some coloration to the H9000’s great converters.  Maybe additional AD converters with more analogue circuitry and saturation, that we can add in a 500 series kind of way-while staying in the H9000. Maybe something with several transformers.  I’m planning to pick up some 500 series goodies (Cranborne Carnaby or Heritage Audio Grandchild 670 for example).  But if Eventide has something like these planned for release sometime soon, I’m more than happy to spend the money with you guys.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

If you’re interested in expanding your I/O with different preamp/transformer flavors, I would suggest the Dante expansion card for the H9000. There are many Dante preamp and I/O options to choose from, or you could simply add a Dante ADC/DAC convertor to any of your favorite processors to be linked to the H9000 via network connection.

You could also go for something like this if you prefer the 500 series form factor: https://www.burlaudio.com/products/b80-mothership

qepic7
        Participant

Copy, totally get the message.  I’m planning on getting both the MADI and Dante for the H9000 regardless, and did have options in mind similar to what you shared. I wanted to see if colorful options from Eventide for the H9000 would be an a possibility, before pulling the trigger.  Many thanks for the feedback.

brysava
      Participant

I added the Rupert Neve MBC as an A/D front end (great-sounding transformer unit with limiter and silk) to my H9k, and on the back end of the H9k, the Dangerous Music Convert 8, connecting to the H9k’s D-25 AES 80-channel output. In spite of the H9k’s already excellent conversion, these two additions have really done it for me. I also added a Grimm clock unit as sync master to everything, which also makes a smaller but still noticeable difference.

I always preferred the H8k’s sound for my sax and flute, but loved H9k’s ease of use, huge power, and also the pitch tracking is much faster than the H8k’s. Using RND Shelford Channels going into the RND MBC and the Convert 8 coming has made this the best of both worlds for me, and I was finally able to part with my H8k, feeling that this combination was perfect in combining my favorite aspects of both units.

qepic7
        Participant

Yes, where I’m choosing to go is certainly in this direction sonically.  Thanks for sharing!

ColinMuir
      Participant

You’re correct that we can’t tell you what we’re working on, but we’d love to hear what you want. Specifically, what expansion I/O would contribute to your ability to integrate the H9000 into your workflow?

Dreaming out loud here, but some kind of sound-generation/synthesis/sampler expansion card would be really fun.

Using analog circuits and the smallest, modern synth-on-chip options from SSI, Alfa Rpar, etc, I wonder how many voices you could fit on an expansion card (SSI2130vco is 4mm x 4mm!)? That’s a pretty niche product, but if there were a way to package the same card into a standalone blackbox, then maybe it could be sold separately, as well.

A sampler might be more realistic and have wider applicability.

I’m not sure I see the need for more analog i/o since there is already so much out there you could connect via adat, madi, dante, aes/ebu.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.