Assumption of sample rate

Home Forums Products Rackmount Assumption of sample rate

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      urowho
      Participant

Is there any chance we could have a function in the setup/preferences to allow the H9000 to be set to a particular sample rate or keep the last used and not mute the audio? It drives me absolutely crazy that every time I start up my computer and logic I have to select the H9000 as the audio source, select the rate in a different screen, apply it, go back to the interface preferences and select the aggregate driver. I realise that you have doubled the channels and the lack of ‘handshake’ is the consequence but if it never changes can this not be assumed?

Kind regards

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

I’m sorry, it’s not quite clear what you are asking for.

The H9000’s internal sample rate will not change and will keep the last used sample rate after a reboot unless you manually change it, or if it is synced to a clock source that changes.

The USB sample rate should not change either, but when you reboot your computer or the H9000 the “H9000 USB audio” sample rate will need to be resynced to your computer’s sample rate. This is why the toggling of the sample rate is necessary.

If you are not changing the sample rate on any of your devices and are simply rebooting your H9000 or computer, you should only need to go into the Audio/MIDI settings and toggle the “H9000 USB Audio” sample rate to fix this issue.

urowho
      Participant

Thanks, that helps, much better than having to do the toggle through logic.

Can there not be a resync option on the unit to force it to sync or is it an entirely computer end problem? I button on emote would be super optimal!

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

You’re welcome.

I understand and agree that this would be very useful, but no it’s not possible to have the H9000 or Emote resync the USB audio, that needs to be done in the computer’s settings.

Let me know if my suggestions in the last comment work better for your workflow. If you aren’t changing your sample rate between Logic sessions, then it should only be a 1 step procedure to resync the USB audio from the Audio/MIDI setup page.

urowho
      Participant

Yep, that’s definitely an improvement!

Thanks very much. I’ve just got a 3rd wave and running it through the H9000 is a great sound!

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Good to hear!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.