Backing up presets to a Compact Flash card on the Eclipse

Home Forums Products Rackmount Backing up presets to a Compact Flash card on the Eclipse

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      gregsinibaldi
      Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to make a back up of my presets on a compact flash card. I tried using the bulk copy function mentioned in the manual however when I try to set the DEST FRM parameter it only goes to 099. I was under the impression that the card started at 500. I tried using the knob and entering 500 manually, but the it wont go past 099. I’m using a recently purchased SanDisk 256 MB card that I formatted in the Eclipse (at least I think it did, I didnt really get a confirmation that this was done) 

What am I missing here?

Thanks for any help!

Greg

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'm a bit out of date with Eclipse, but I suspect that the backup just copies them as files to the card, and you would have to copy them back to use them.

It does not install them as card-based presets starting at 500.

gregsinibaldi
      Participant

Thanks for the info. I’m not really trying to load presets from the card. I just want to have a backup. So what should I do?

Greg

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'll get back to you on Monday when I can get to an Eclipse

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I tried it this morning, and, needless to say, it works fine for me.

I can duplicate your problem by removing the card, in which case the only writeable locations it can see are 0-99, so it does not allow higher values.

Sounds like either your card is no good, or there is a problem with the Eclipse card slot.

Suggest you try another card, and don't format it. Make sure your Eclipse has V4.0 or later.

I used a 1G Transcend card, and tried it both with its manufacturer's format and also formatted on the Eclipse.

gregsinibaldi
      Participant

Ok thanks for the info. I’ll give another card a try and see what happens.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.