Basic FX

Home Forums Products Rackmount Basic FX

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jcshirke
      Participant

I just got a used Eclipse, and I am looking through the preset descriptions right now. In some cases I see relatively simple, straight-forward effects listed–Stereo Chorus, Stereo Phaser, vintage Delay, etc. But a whole lot of the presets are combinations of fx–like 149, fuzzwawammy pre; or 223, Flangerator; or crazy stuff like 314, Aliens–and so on.

In a lot of instances, I just want basic effects–just a tremolo, or an analog-style flange, or simple wah, or whammy. I don't necessarily need or want to have a bunch of these algorithms combined to form really whacked out/trippy fx.

Like I said, scrolling through the lists, I see that there are some basic presets. But I haven't yet found a basic flange preset (or, preferably, a choice of different flange styles), or a basic whammy, or a basic wah, and maybe a couple others.

One of the reasons I want to start with basic fx is to compare them to some of my other gear/pedals, so I can decide what other things I want to sell (example: Should I keep my analog flanger pedal? Or my analog phaser? etc.). So any tips about how to proceed would be appreciated.

Jeff

IDeangelis

Most of the fx you named are present in the basic algorithms, those between 100 and 199.

Another useful way is to select  SORT BY: Name in the CRITERIA. The Wizard will help you find a Phaser or a StereoPhaser. Third but not last, giving a good listen to the factory presets will locate any type of effect with the best sound for you.

IDeangelis

Also looking at presets manuals, you'll find a page with all presets listed.

This is useful to have a complete view of the library to locate what you need.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.