Best way to format to FAT

Home Forums Products Rackmount Best way to format to FAT

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      chris-bojo
      Participant

What's the best way to format a CF from FAT32 to FAT. I've been trying all day to get v4.0 up and running with no success. My main computer is a Mac but I have an old PC I can dust off for this purpose. Thanks!

IDeangelis

Chris

once the card reader is connected to the computer USB port and the CFCard inserted into it,  it shows up in My Computer along with other resources 8HD, printer, etc). Simply RIGHT click on the USB reader w/the card and choose FORMAT from the opened text window. The new window will offer you Fyle System FAT. That's it.

I'm doing this even on a Mac running Windows XP Pro, virtualized thru VM Ware Fusion.

best

I

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Just to be clear – you have to use Windows, Mac OSX does NOT allow the choice. Booo !

chris-bojo
      Participant

Thanks for the help. It's running great! I'm loving some of the new presets.

kirlian

It is really unfortunate that i would have to own a PC or buy windows for my mac just to upgrade the os on my very expensive eclipse.  is it really so much of a technological hurdle to get the eclipse to accept FAT32 formatted memory cards?  Really?

I suppose i could just jog over to a friend's place and use their PC to format my memory card… and while i'm driving there, i'll reflect on why one of the most expensive pieces of equipment i own lacks a mechanism for upgrading the os that doesn't require me to drive for 15 minutes or buy and additional computer!! 

IDeangelis

HI Kirlian

the new OS (V4.01) fixes the problem. I have just inserted my CFC into a Kingstone USB card reader connected to an iMac running 10.5.8 and formatted the card to MS-DOS(FAT), the last option in Utility Disk. After formattiing I copied the card files of 4.01, inserted into Eclipse and run the update flawlessy. The unit was already running 4.01, so this confirms the problem is solved. If you are on an older version, you have to bear with this issue for the last time.

You may also try formatting the card on Eclipse itself. I have had success with this, but it may depend on the card size, speed, etc.

best

I

kirlian

This is excellent news!  I did finally get it all upgraded, and i did have to go to a friends house to do so… not such a big deal after all.  i was probably a little frustrated.

thanks a lot!  enjoying the new os.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.