Bluetooth pairing: H9 and Mac OS Sierra

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Bluetooth pairing: H9 and Mac OS Sierra

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      mahler007
      Participant

It seems this is not an uncommon problem, so I figured I’d throw my experience into the hat. 

I have a difficult time getting my H9 to pair with my Mac. It rarely ever works. I’ve discovered that if I trash the Bluetooth prefs in the following locations, I can pair and connect successfully with H9:

/Library/Preferences

~/Library/Preferences/ByHost

Once connected, it works flawlessly with H9 Control, but it’s getting the H9 to pair and then connect that’s challenging. If I restart my computer, turn off the H9, or otherwise disconnect the two, nothing in the world can reconnect them other than trashing the above prefs and restarting. Once the OS is back up, I can reconnect again and everything is fine. This is quite a cumbersome porocedure!

Is there an easier fix for this, or perhaps an update in the future that will correct this issue (assuming it’s even Eventide’s problem to address…)?

Best Wishes,

Andrew M. Lee

gkellum
      Participant

Wow, that's interesting.  We have had other users have problems connecting to their H9s on Sierra or High Sierra (https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/stompboxes/h9-will-not-connect-new-macbook-pro-sierra).

A few of them were kind enough to collect Bluetooth logs showing what happened when they tried to connect their Macs to their H9s, and we opened up a bug report with Apple and submitted their Bluetooth logs as part of the bug report.

I wonder if your solution would help them, although I think they were saying they could never get their Macs to connect to their H9s.  I'll share your post in that thread…

mahler007
      Participant

Yes, it sounds like they were/are having the same problem I’m having. The H9 simply won’t pair with the Mac, which makes H9 Control connection impossible. Hopefully this solution will work for them as well!

Cheers,

Andrew

Korhan Erel
      Participant

I’m on Yosemite and my computer doesn’t pair with my H9s either (I have two H9 pedals). My iPad has never had a problem. 

question
        Korhan Erel wrote:

I’m on Yosemite and my computer doesn’t pair with my H9s either (I have two H9 pedals). My iPad has never had a problem. 

“Normal” bir bilgisayara gecmek icin iyi bir bahane : )

Heh… Just kidding, hope you could find a fix soon.

Cheers

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.