Brand New Unit! Advice on Routing p-p-please

Home Forums Products Rackmount Brand New Unit! Advice on Routing p-p-please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      entrainer

That's my best Roger Rabbit. 

Just got a new H8000FW and I'm anxious to try it out.  I've been messing around with different drivers and issues with my current M-Audio card w/ Eventide.  Finally pulled the 410 out and threw it in the garbage.  I can't suffer someone to even buy that sh!te on Ebay.

Long story short, after 1 1/2 days of buying cables and reading forums, I'm anxious to hear this thing make a sound.  I'm about burned out on manuals, all though I gave it the good college try.  I can't find a preset for this config… routing utility is made for airforce pilots. (a resize option = classy upgrade)

I literally have 3-7ish days to mess around until the birth of my first child.  At the same time, components for 2 quad-core computers, sound installation, new speakers/amp, audio interface, 250gb of samples, UAD-2, Liquid Mix, Duende, and Thermionic Culture Vulture are all arriving.

So here goes the temp dream routing-

Firewire in- 1&2 direct to Analog 1+2 out.  That's my dry feed from DAW that I want to monitor.

Firewire in- 3&4 to proc A.  Processor A outs to Firewire out 3&4

Firewire in 5,6,7,8 to proc B, Proc B to Fire Out 5-8

I basically want a clean channel plus inserts for DAW.  All the routing presets seemed to either bring it in wet to A or B or waste a processor with a thru.

I plan to spend time mastering this thing in depth w/ manual after all this craziness, but right now I just want to hear one snare delayed.  One lead w/ reverb…

thanks for your expert advice-

Sonic Nomad
      Participant

If you're running Windows you should use the Routing Utility. This will make setting up the above configuration a breeze.

You can find it here; http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Support/Harmonizers%20and%20Rack%20Products/H8000%20Series.aspx

entrainer

Fantastic-

I'm up and running. Sounds great so far! Except the unit crashed on me while changing a program on program B that sent an amazingly loud shock through my monitors. I think I'm going to skip the firewire and use Adat into an interface to hopefully avoid that again.

lionelred
      Participant

Hi

In the same boat but mac still get no sound is there a routing system for mac?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

lionelred:

In the same boat but mac still get no sound is there a routing system for mac?

Not at present. Sorry.

Study the manual assiduously – it's not as hard as people make out.

lionelred
      Participant

Just a fire wire in 1&2 to anolog out 1&2 for moitoring.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Easy enough. Follow these steps:

1) [SETUP] [inputs].

2) turn wheel to right until you see "FWIRE in 1"

3) down arrow

4) turn wheel to right until you see "FWIRE in 2"

The main inputs 1&2 are now set up for FWIRE 1/2. So now, lets connect these to the outputs 1&2:

5) [outputs]

6) down arrow once to select (highlight) the first two outputs

7) turn wheel to left until you see "FWIRE in 1" & 2.  These are the inputs you selected above.

Job done.

lionelred
      Participant

Firewire outputs don't seem to be there.

main outs 1-8

adat 1-8 and

aes 11-18?

Does it matter which fire wire port i connect it too on the back?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Entrainer:

So here goes the temp dream routing-

Firewire in- 1&2 direct to Analog 1+2 out.  That's my dry feed from DAW that I want to monitor.

Firewire in- 3&4 to proc A.  Processor A outs to Firewire out 3&4

Firewire in 5,6,7,8 to proc B, Proc B to Fire Out 5-8

1) First you must select FWIRE 1-8 as inputs 1-8. Do this an input at a time (sorry) on [SETUP] [inputs].

2) Then [DSP A]. Down arrow twice to select the first 2 inputs. Turn wheel to select FWIRE 3&4.

3) Then [DSP B]. Down arrow one to select first 4 inputs. Turn wheel to select FWIRE 5-8.

4) Then [output]. Down arrow once to select first twon inputs. Turn wheel to select FWIRE 1&2. This connects FWIRE 1&2 to the first 2 main outputs. These are analog 1&2.

5) Then down arrow 3 times to select the seconds pair of outputs. Turn wheel to select "dsp A out 1"-2. This connects these to MAIN out 3 &4, which we will need to feed the FWIRE outs 3-4.

6) Then, [output]. Turn wheel until you see "dsp A out 1"-4. This connects these to MAIN outputs 5 -8, which we will need to feed the FWIRE outs 5-8.

7) Now, [output] 3 times to display FIREWIRE 1 outputs. Down arrow 5 times to select OUT 3-4. Turn wheel to select MAIN out 3-4, which we set up in (5) above.

8) Now right arrow to select OUT 5-8. Turn wheel to select MAIN out 5-8, which we set up in (6) above.

Spelling it out like this makes it look much more tedious and difficult than it actually is, but you get the idea …

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

lionelred:

Firewire outputs don't seem to be there.

main outs 1-8

adat 1-8 and

aes 11-18?

Does it matter which fire wire port i connect it too on the back?

FIREWIRE outputs are after AES 11-18.

It does not matter which FireWire port you use.

lionelred
      Participant

Hey Thanks

Think I got it, don't wanna try peep's patience so I will try and crack on with the manual before I resurface with another dumb question.

Many Thanks

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.