Given To Fly
      Participant

That is a ballsy title. My expectations will be really high. surprise

brock
        Participant
        Given To Fly wrote:
        38:  Castrato Bender

That is a ballsy title. My expectations will be really high. surprise

Less ballsy than most, I imagine.  And I really don’t want to imagine.  I try to give presets unique, yet descriptive names.  Those descriptions might only make sense to me; filtered through my sense of humor.

Let’s face it:  Many of these presets are intentionally weird.  Showcase-y.  I tried to balance that with bread ‘n’ butter presets.  Oddly enough, I’m finding those roles often reversed now, as I use them more.

I mentioned the expression pedal integration in passing.  For a few presets, that might only mean subtle MIX or rate changes.  But I think the EXP PED variations are key here.  In most cases, the intent is to dynamically switch between two distinct synth types, or programming extremes.  Play it like a volume pedal.

If no expression pedal is available, it might be worth dialing up the HotKnob, or ribbon strip in H9 Control.  There’s a lot of fine-tuning to be had in the ‘morphing’ positions between Heel & Toe.

mistercharlie
      Participant

I can’t wait to get started on these!

I started digging into the HotSawz controls yesterday, and there’s a lot packed in there. It’s like a Moog for the guitar.

brock
      Participant
      Sixty-six added ser presets for the new HotSawz algorithm, in a 66-Preset [L]ist for the H9.   

Why 66?  Along with the 33 shipping [F]actory presets, these will total up to a full 99-preset load for the H9.  Apologies in advance for any similarities to the [F]actory offerings.  I never load them up until I’ve really learned a new algorithm for myself.  I started this [L]ist with some organization in mind: leads / pads, filter features, rhythms, pitch sweeps & effects …  Ended up with a variety pack towards the end.

Drag ‘n’ drop over the Preset List tab in H9 Control 3.5.0, or go to Settings -> ‘Import presets or preset lists’. Every preset (except #66) includes integrated expression pedal control. To utilize the new HotSawz algorithm, download the H9 update 5.6.0 [0] here:

Broken Sawtooth Preset List:

1. Formant Slapper
      2. Pizza Gato
      3. Porta Minimum
      4. Vari-Attack Synz
      5. Side Saddle Bass
      6. Attack Resonance
      7. Hoover Cleanup
      8. Pastoral Scene
      9. Chiffs And Chirp
      10. Plectromatic XL5
      11. Multi Detune
      12. Popcorn Shrimp
      13. Orchestral Stab
      14. Gator Tail Hold
      15. Throbbing Fingers
      16. Under Currents
      17. Sick Brass Lead
      18. Double Vocalizer
      19. Synth Crescendos
      20. Double 2 Octaves
      21. Thump Underfoot
      22. Picked Dynamics
      23. Tsunami Filteron
      24. Giant Steps
      25. Rebreather Masks
      26. Duck Wave Runner
      27. Growler Feedback
      28. Mutant TremBots
      29. Huey Loose
      30. Clipped Rumbler
      31. Chugging Contest
      32. Acid Racquetball
      33. Highest Tensions
      34. Trill Trails
      35. Radioactive Pups
      36. Bending Hammeron
      37. Drowning Victim
      38. Castrato Bender
      39. Sabre Cycles
      40. Delay AfterShock
      41. Pitch Blips
      42. Pitch Wobble
      43. Slice-O-Whammy
      44. Whole Tone Bent
      45. Slide Whistles
      46. Bam Wham Thanks
      47. Dog Whistles
      48. In A Progression
      49. Tremolo Logical
      50. Filter Wub Wub
      51. Hammer On Nail
      52. Glider Wing Span
      53. Sweet Tart Burst
      54. Mushroom Sirens
      55. Ghostly Attacker
      56. Synful Doublers
      57. Pitch Black Echo
      58. Buldging Blipper
      59. Dramamine Synths
      60. Falling Downward
      61. Hesitant Stutter
      62. Gravel Road Bend
      63. Twister Tuning
      64. Chicken Pluckers
      65. Rhythmic Flutter
      66. HotSawz Blank PR  [preset programming template]

davebrubaker
      Participant

Hey Brock – Thanks for the presets! You always deliver the goods. Can’t wait to check them out.

I’ve just started digging into Hotsawz and managed to save a few patches. Best results I’ve had are from adding additional effects. Dropping an overdrive after Hotsawz really adds some needed punch. And, of course, all the great harmonizers, verbs and echoes in the Eventide arsenal open up lots of options. Thanks again!

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Just played through all of them and loved them. I like that your presets mixed in the dry sound. Most of our factory presets have the MIX parameter of 100, which I think we could have done better. Your presets are exactly what I want. Thank you very much. Maybe you should also share them here so more users can see?

https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/stompboxes/new-hotsawz-algorithm-available-h9-now

mistercharlie
      Participant

Having dry works really well. It seems that it would also be great to use wet/dry to send the guitar signal to a fuzz, and the synth signal straight through.

brock
      Participant

Great idea on the wet/dry split.  Seems like it’d be a nice fit for davebrubaker’s ‘Power Of Three’ thread.  Wet2 / Dry1 for HotSawz, Wet1 / Dry 2 on a 2nd H9, loaded with one of the 3 digi-stortion algorithms.  I want to try that with a ‘hybrid’ series / parallel / series routing, to see how it all sums back to mono.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/stompboxes/power-three-preset-thread-multiple-h9s

As for the single H9 dry / wet MIX, you can create some nice ‘distortions’ from HotSawz alone.  Subtle, or not-so-subtle.  MIX up the ‘harmonics’, tweak down the FILTER.  Let it ‘bloom’ after the initial (dry) pick attack.  Dial in some ‘finger vibrato’, or an amazing-sounding ‘Uni-Growl’ from sweeping detuned oscillators.

Driven Crane
      Participant

Thank you very much! Very nice and operative job!

Send2george2

Big thank you for this!! I couldn’t figure out how to get the best out of the new algorithm. Brilliant work. Cyber beer on its way cheers.

BMoe
      Participant

Thank You Brock, for the presets. Really cool! Makes me play differently, especially picking technique and double notes on some

of the presets. Thanks of posting.

mistercharlie
      Participant

The expression/hotknob parameters are essential. It’s like twiddling the filter knob on a real synth.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.