Bypass problem with 4.0 beta

Home Forums Products Rackmount Bypass problem with 4.0 beta

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

I have a problem with the remote Bypass. I assigned the Ext16 for the Bypass and  CC17 for the Ext16: when I send that CC with my pedlaboard it is correclty received by the Eclipse (the monitor of the Ext16 change its status) but the Bypass is not activated. Am I doing something wrong?

Max

drooney

Hi Max,

I tried the same the same CC# number and the same ext# as you and I received the same results. I also attempted other CC#s and ext#s and experienced the same. Assigning bypass to Pedal 1 & 2 via an ext# results in the same, so I am guessing that may be a bug. The engineers are monitoring the forums, but I will also let them know about this.

Thank you for your dilligence!

trumpet

Hi

Just upgraded to V4beta

I am having the same problem assigning bypass to pedal 2 via ext #. The monitor reads the switch on and off but the bypass sometimes turns on and off and sometimes not.

Is this likely to be fixed soon or should i go back to V3.5. This is quite an important thing to be able to do.

IDeangelis

Hi Max

are you using a volume pedal connected to PEDAL 1…to remote the Bypass status?

best

I

No, I just send CC from my pedalboard (an Axess FX1).

M

IDeangelis

Max

this is different from what you stated before. I don't understand why you'd use Pedal 1 when a CC can be simply patched to an external# and that external would be used to remote the parameter.

Pedal 1 or 2 are physical inputs available to connect volume pedals and/or footswitches and turn them into parameters controllers. They are not MIDI controllers though.

best

I

Hi Italo,

I never stated what you said…the following is what I said in the first post of this thread:

"I assigned the Ext16 for the Bypass and CC17 for the Ext16: when I send that CC with my pedlaboard it is correclty received by the Eclipse (the monitor of the Ext16 change its status) but the Bypass is not activated."

M

trumpet

Hi

I am using an expression pedal in Pedal 1 input and a footswitch in pedal2 input. I have a lot of presets for example the whammy one where the expression pedal whammys the harmony and the footswitch is set to control the bypass part of the preset. (fx in to fx out)

I assign the footswitch to external control 2 (which is footswitch 2). The monitor shows the footswitch is being read and goes on and off every time i stamp on it. The "type" is set to absolute, scale says "1 step" and the bypass sometimes changes  from fx in to fx out but most of the time it doesnt.

This worked perfectly under V3.5 and now (under V4 beta) is unreliable. Is this a bug? is there a workk around… without having to stop and hit the physical "bypass" button? Is this likely to be sorted soon or should i go temporarily back to V3.5?

Thanks

Andy

IDeangelis

Ok, I see where the confusion is. I thought to respond to "trumpet" posting but for some reason your first post in the thread gave me the impression you were the destination of the reply.

sorry

I

IDeangelis

Hi Andy

what kind of footswitch are you using?

Is it latch or unlatch type?

You don't really need to patch the footswitch (pedal 2) to an external. You can use Tip 2 or Ring 2, depending on the type of cable the footswitch has (mono/stereo).

Please let me know about the footswitch type.

thanks

I

trumpet

Hi Italo,

sorry for the confusion from before. I jumped in on the thread started by Max as I thought my problem was very similar, and his one hadn't been resolved.

I am using a Boss FS-5L Latch type footswitch with a mono cable

thanks

Andy

IDeangelis

No problem, Andy.

I'm testing now….

later

I

IDeangelis

Hi Andy

unfortunately I don't have or use latch type footswitches.

Eclipse needs to see a transition from 0 thru the mid range of a controller range to activate a parameter value change. As an example let's call this mid value 50.

With a LATCH footswitch the first press will jump and stay at 100, the second press will fall down to 0 and the third press will againg hit and stay on 100. Only the first and third presses will activate a parameter change then. An UNLATCH footswitch always jumps from 0 to 100 and falls back at 0 on each press, so each time it will be ready to trigger a parameter change. This is the way things work with PARAMETERS values. Using unlatched footswitches is the way to go.

If you want to control FX Blocks Bypass and System Bypass, their menus offer a TRIGMODE setting that you can use to make any type of footswitch fit and the SOURCE will also offer you Tip/Ring 1 and Tip/Ring 2 to address a footswitch connected to Eclipse Pedal 1 or 2. You won't need to patch an external to a footswitch for that.

Can you test my advices and get back to me, please?

thanks

Italo

IDeangelis

Max

testing your issue gives the problem you reported.

We are working on the final release and this should be fixed.

cheers

I

trumpet

Hi Italo

I have changed the external 2 source from "pedal2"  to "tip 2". My latched footswitch now works and will bypass the patches where i have that set up. Huraaah!! I had visions of having to go through each patch and change the bypass setting, but that is not necessary. Thanks so much

cheers
      Andy

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.