Can I please Hear H8000 Demo Recordings of Outlandish Effects

Home Forums Products Rackmount Can I please Hear H8000 Demo Recordings of Outlandish Effects

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      zap
      Participant

I just sold my eclipse and I will either buy an 7600 or 8000FW.    But there seems to be a severe shortage of samples of what the H8000 can do.

But please, dont show me the same choruses, reverbs, and delays…. There are tons of units out there that can do all that

Can anyone kindly please post some recordings anywhere on the web so I can hear this thing because my store will not bring one in just to demo.

But6 show me something evil.  Show me something totally bizzare, show me something truly on the furtherst outer limits of effects.]

Here is the issue – for Effects in the studio I currently use Kore 2 with the Deep Reconstructions, Deep Transformations, and Deep Freq effects packs because they are extremely twisted and far out there. 

But Now I need effects like this my guitar rig for live use.  The eclipse had some stuff but just not enough, and limited options, and so so converters.   

Can the H7600 or H8000 do any of the following effects but higher quality  and higher fidelity? With some of these all they do is run a beat or even a single channel through the effect packs.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/producer/kore-soundpacks/deep-transformations/?content=516

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/producer/kore-soundpacks/deep-reconstructions/?content=788

And guess how much these pack cost?  59 – 89 each plus the 400 for Kore 2.   If I am paying $5-6 G for an H8000 of 7600, then somebody please tell me it can at least do the insane sounding effects that I have shared in those NI links.  One would think at the very least this would be a minimum expectation out of the unit.

Thanks

zap
      Participant

Just let all of them load and play – theres tons – and if anyone can please show links to sample clips to what the 8000 can do that compares to these, that would be great.

thanks

Zap:

I just sold my eclipse and I will either buy an 7600 or 8000FW.

Cool.  I think you'll be very happy with the upgrade!

Quote:
      But there seems to be a severe shortage of samples of what the H8000 can do.

My guess is that most of us are busy producing or running studios, earning the money back that we  spent on our Harmonizers, instead of making free videos and samples for the web.  It's interesting – once people hear that I have an H8000FW, they want to come over and rent my studio!  It's sort of like Alsihad a few years ago – once people heard you had ProTools, they were instantly interested in your studio…

Quote:
      Here is the issue – for Effects in the studio I currently use Kore 2 with the Deep Reconstructions, Deep Transformations, and Deep Freq effects packs because they are extremely twisted and far out there.

NI makes some very cool products.  I've been a Kore user since the first version, and I still use Kontakt, Absynth and Reaktor all the time.  Reaktor in particular is similar to, but definitely not the same as, the Harmonizer.  I don't think I'd want to give up either package.  Reaktor has a huge community and a lot of downloadable ensembles.  In a way, it is like the Clavia Nord Modular with the programming capabilities and the online community.  Both of those products are part of the inspiration for me working on the Harmonizer remote control and patch librarian – I'm hoping we can create a better user community here as well.

Quote:
      And guess how much these pack cost?  59 – 89 each plus the 400 for Kore 2.   If I am paying $5-6 G for an H8000 of 7600, then somebody please tell me it can at least do the insane sounding effects that I have shared in those NI links.  One would think at the very least this would be a minimum expectation out of the unit.

The H7600 and H8000 have phenomenal capabilities!  The thing I'd ask is, do you want to turn the box on and instantly have the crazy effects, or are you willing to put the effort in to program them yourself?  Don't get me wrong, there are over 1000 patches in the Harmonizer and some of them are the crazy good ones, but maybe not exactly like the NI packs.  It's personal opinion of course, but I think the Harmonizer is better.  If you're willing to do the programming, you can end up with everything from those NI packs and more.  If you're expecting those exact effects to be there already and don't want to learn the programming, I think you'll be disappointed with the Harmonizer, and maybe you should consider getting a Receptor with Komplete instead.

By the way, since you like odd effects, are you familiar with Spirit Canyon Audio impulse responses?  Are you familiar with impulse responses?  You use some kind of convolution product and load in your IR and it processes the sound.  I have used this kind of thing when doing live recording – I take an IR of the place, then if I have to overdub something later in the studio, I run it through the convolution engine and it sounds like it was recorded in the original place.  (Or at least close enough that nobody will notice.)  Hmmm, I wonder if I could load IRs into the Harmonizer…

razo

That would have been cool!:)

zap
      Participant

Doug Wellington:

My guess is that most of us are busy producing or running studios, earning the money back that we  spent on our Harmonizers, instead of making free videos and samples for the web. 

Not the case with the Axe FX – and that is Eventide H-series quality. Why would I buy something that expensive with no samples to hear?

Quote:

NI makes some very cool products.  I've been a Kore user since the first
      version, and I still use Kontakt, Absynth and Reaktor all the time. 
      Reaktor in particular is similar to, but definitely not the same as, the
      Harmonizer.

yes i understand that the H series does ot have synthesizers or sound generators in it… but i hope there are some FX similar to Kore FX packs – are you saying there is nothing like this in the H-series?   Not all of those effects are odd… many of them are very cool too!

Quote:

In a way, it is like the Clavia Nord Modular with the programming capabilities and the online community.  Both of those products are part of the inspiration for me working on the Harmonizer remote control and patch librarian – I'm hoping we can create a better user community here as well.

oh i see… remote control foot unit?  and patch librarian does not exist yet?

Oh do you engineer at Eventide?  while you are at it, if you can please relay over to the decision makers –  a total integration idea for the H8000 to routable with DAWs that are not pro tools HD  (since the Eventide plug ins are only available on pro tools HD)… because one would expect to be able to route audio as an insert through the firewire cable to the H8000 so that no A/D or D/A conversion for out board processing would ever have to take place.

Quote:
      The H7600 and H8000 have phenomenal capabilities!

can you please do me a favor with an demonstration?

Quote:
      The thing I'd ask is, do you want to turn the box on and instantly have the crazy effects, or are you willing to put the effort in to program them yourself?

turn on instantly, have crazy effects is preferable – but  i would only like to make small modifications to the programing and modifications to targets of morphable settings.  I will PM you my ideas if you are willing to listen. icne you say you are working on stuff for the company,

i guess i can see what the programming is on the Kore FX packs – and try to match them with the H8000…  but that would be a hassle.

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, there are over 1000 patches in the Harmonizer and some of them are the crazy good ones, but maybe not exactly like the NI packs.  It's personal opinion of course, but I think the Harmonizer is better. 

I am not picky.. they dont have to be the same effects… but you get the idea – crazy stuff – or is the crazy stuff only in the pre-programmed Kore Stuff.   Or are you saying there is enough relatively similar stuff in the H8000?  I am just looking for very cool stuff….  similar to those FX packs… so i really hope you or someone else can kindly post some samples for me so i can have an idea…

Quote:
      If you're willing to do the programming, you can end up with everything from those NI packs and more.  If you're expecting those exact effects to be there already and don't want to learn the programming, I think you'll be disappointed with the Harmonizer, and maybe you should consider getting a Receptor with Komplete instead.

Hmm… i am not a sound programmer… just a musician.. but i do get into tweaking stuff thats already there.  But as I said in other forums, i need to hire a programmer.   For receptor, would that sound higher fidelity than NIs programs running on a PC?  Because althought some NI stuff is cool, its just a toy… not high fidelity like Eventide of Acces Virus if you get my drift… i only use the Kore FX packs for pre-production….  but i would not put Kore FX on a pro album release…  I prefer to have something that is the real deal….  but i would however use Kore live only if receptor screws into a rack and eliminates the need to carry a laptop around… actually i never carry a laptop around… any DSP has to be rack mounted for me. 

Quote:

By the way, since you like odd effects, are you familiar with Spirit Canyon Audio impulse responses?  Are you familiar with impulse responses? You use some kind of convolution product and load in your IR and it processes the sound.

Well I am familiar with ones for sale from Redwirez and from other companies which you load into the Axe-FX and other amp modelers.  So you can load them into the H8000?

Quote:
      I have used this kind of thing when doing live recording – I take an IR of the place, then if I have to overdub something later in the studio, I run it through the convolution engine and it sounds like it was recorded in the original place.  (Or at least close enough that nobody will notice.)  Hmmm, I wonder if I could load IRs into the Harmonizer…

I do not get into taking IRs of places, nor any of my own IRs, I am not a sound designer, just a guitar player, and sound tweaker, but I never do sounds from scratch – for the same reasons that I did not build my guitar amplifier or cab.  I am just in pre production for an album – but when it comes time for the real thing, I want the best possible effects unit.  Is the H8000 the best possible option for one or two channel audio?  will the surround presets still do something for the mono and stereo stuff for album recording?  Or should I get the 7600…. but then a gain, you just mentioned that these might dissappoint me if i expect some crazy effects somewhat similar to Kore 2 – a product which again – i would not use for anything other than pre-production – just like i use my line 6 POD only for pre-production and not anything for a major release…. 

And didnt you just say you load in your convolution product and IRs in to the unit?  I am lost again on your words.  I assume that NI stuff is like the POD and Eventide H stuff is like the Axe FX…   but would the investment into a Receptor for Kore bring the sound quality up to Eventide or Access Virus or Axe FX quality?  (only if there is no computer involved – or is it just an outboard processor for a DAW and not for my live situation which is computer-less)

Please Help… thanks

This is getting pretty long and I don't have much time before the holiday, so I hope I didn't miss anything…

Zap:

Not the case with the Axe FX – and that is Eventide H-series quality. Why would I buy something that expensive with no samples to hear?

Not to be flippant, but there's a reason that Eventide has the reputation it does.  Put a different way, I would (and did) buy a Harmonizer on reputation alone…

Quote:
      i hope there are some FX similar to Kore FX packs – are you saying there is nothing like this in the H-series?   Not all of those effects are odd… many of them are very cool too!

Well, that's not exactly what I meant.  The Harmonizer has the *building blocks* to make all of those effects and more.  You'll find that the Harmonizer comes with a bunch of very cool effects already in the box.  With some programming, I'm sure the Harmonizer could duplicate all of the NI effects…

Quote:
      you engineer at Eventide?

No, I don't work for Eventide.  I don't think they could afford me!

Quote:
      a total integration idea for the H8000 to routable with DAWs that are not pro tools HD  (since the Eventide plug ins are only available on pro tools HD)…because one would expect to be able to route audio as an insert through the firewire cable to the H8000 so that no A/D or D/A conversion for out board processing would ever have to take place.

When you install the device drivers, you can route audio through the H8000FW.

Quote:
      For receptor, would that sound higher fidelity than NIs programs running on a PC?

Basically, the Receptor IS a PC.  The advantage of the Receptor is that it is already set up for you with everything installed…

Quote:
      Because althought some NI stuff is cool, its just a toy… not high fidelity like Eventide of Acces Virus if you get my drift…

I know quite a few people who use NI products professionally.  I think that the NI programs are very good and I think you'll find
      that the sound card you use will make a big difference in the quality of
      the audio.

Quote:
      (Re: IR) Well I am familiar with ones for sale from Redwirez and from other companies which you load into the Axe-FX and other amp modelers.  So you can load them into the H8000?

As far as I know you cannot load IRs into any Harmonizer, but I don't think it was designed with that in mind.  The reason I brought up impulse responses was that there are some good ones out there for creating crazy sounds.  It's just a different option, but typically one that runs in a computer, which I don't think is what you want…

Quote:
      I want the best possible effects unit.  Is the H8000 the best possible option for one or two channel audio?

I would think that the H7600 is the best for one or two channels.  The H8000FW will be better for more channels, including surround, and in those cases when you want to route audio through the firewire connection…

zap
      Participant

I am trying to run some Vsig software to simply see the effect mapping of each effect preset and routing of modulation and connections for effects… but all the vsig downloads do not run on my computer as software from the 8000 or 7600 page… where do I get the software? 

Or instead, i looked at the preset manuals but they do not offer detailed mapping or routing of each effects preset.  Since I dont own the unit yet, where can i see detailed mapping?  In Vsig software only?  But I cant find the installer file!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Vsig has a page to itself: http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Support/Harmonizers%20and%20Rack%20Products/VSig.aspx

Note that it is currently PC only – you need a non-Eventide product, VSigX, to run on Mac.

Not sure what you mean by "mapping."

zap
      Participant

So still nobody with some sample effects for me to hear?

It would be nice to be able to hear the unit other than the few samples on the eventide page before I invest the 6 grand

Vsig does not look too hard at all as I go through the manual here.  Seems easier than reaktor.

hermy

well it's a time ago since your last post…

i think a very good demo für eventide processing power is the music of simon posford. listen to the shpongle albums and you will hear several great eventide effects (several ptiching effects and great hall on flutes and similar instruments).

unguitar
      Participant

Orville and H8000 are and have been the base of my sound, I consider them to be my real instrument as guitar is used mostly as a sound source to excite them.

About them being outlandish, I don't know, my intention is to make music with a sort of emotional meaning. If it is appropriate to call my sounds music is up to your feel.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.