Can I route (by example) USB 1-2 to MADI 1-2 without using any FX chain?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Can I route (by example) USB 1-2 to MADI 1-2 without using any FX chain?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Thierry Gauthier
      Participant

Hi,

I plan to buy the H9000 w MADI expansion Card.  I have a question not resolve by reading the manual. Can I route (by example) USB 1-2 to MADI 1-2 without using any FX chain? I mean use it as a digital patchbay and keep all FX chain available?

Tx

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      Thierry Gauthier wrote:

I plan to buy the H9000 w MADI expansion Card.  I have a question not resolve by reading the manual. Can I route (by example) USB 1-2 to MADI 1-2 without using any FX chain? I mean use it as a digital patchbay and keep all FX chain available?

Yes, you can.  We call these "Direct IO" connections.  You can make a Direct IO connection from any input to any output.  You can also connect one input to multiple outputs.  However, you cannot mix multiple inputs to a single output.  We are planning to add this feature in a future software update.

Thierry Gauthier
      Participant

This is great!  Tanks for the quick answer and good news (mix multiple inputs to a single output in a later software update)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.