Can somebody please program a sequencer and how much?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Can somebody please program a sequencer and how much?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      zap
      Participant

Please help, badly need a pattern slicer.  I find nothing of the sort in my H8000FW.   I just want to be able to insert it as a modulation source in VSIG but I am not getting into programming because I have no idea what I am doing as a programmer since I am nothing of the sort.

DanielH

Hi Zap

I think I could program some sort of Boss SL-20 type slicer. It could be 8 to 16 steps in length and be in sync with the master tempo. It could be then modulate something, for example volume and/or filter cutoff. There could be 10 tweaks for different patterns.

Cheers, Daniel

zap
      Participant

Hi there.

I appreciate the intents, but I really wish the pattern could be editable.  And if its 16 steps max then some sort of multiple steps within steps for lets say for example – a flurry of maybe 2-3 or 4 slices within that beat.  Is that possible?   And then basically to be able to assign any stage of the sequence on or off…   or that flurry of maybe double or triple within that step.

I have a really cool idea for a dedicated rack sequencer that does all kinds of insane stuff in addition to all this, and am wondering if there is some company or DSP programming that can do it for me.   I tried to submit it to Eventide but I have not heard back from them yet.

Thanks

zap
      Participant

so nobody can do it?  I'll offer like $200. 

t_tangent
      Participant

Have you tried iZotope Stutter Edit. http://izotope.com/products/audio/stutteredit/ It can do some incredible pattern slicing and all sorts of other insane related fx. Obviously not for the H8000FW but one of the most interesting plugins I have seen in some time. Just thought it might be of interest, but certainly would love to see a pattern slicing effect for the H8000 too.

Cheers

t_t

razo

I can give it a try.

razo

Do you have an email?

zap
      Participant

You serious?   Ok Im gonna PM you.

zap
      Participant

ok, your profile does not allow for PMs.

but i dont just want to post my email address on the discussion as it then would be a target for spam-bots.

razo

Almost done now.  
      Send me an email to:  h3po ( at ) yahoo.com

raz

razo

So I finished it – and it can do everything you mention.

zap
      Participant

ok will. do.  Strange i didn't get a message notice to my email when you posted the last one.

razo

For the good of eventideusers I'll publish the SliceSequencer so far. The operation is as follows:

From the Masterwindow the 16 step-values can be set (0-127 out). Setting any slider to 0 enables the respective submenu for taht step, so that values of subdivisions can be set ( possible divison are 2,3 or  4).

However, there are som timing is not very accurate and I suspect that this is because of of the Harmonizers only update the control signals at about 100 hz….. (the preset genrtes 12 pulses for ecach step to anble the subdivisionprocess) Any ideas on how to get better timing in this patch is appreciated,,,,(Nick or anybody?) 

I suppose I could reduce the clocksteps within each step from 12 to 4 (ignoring tripletdivision), but it is not ideal…

Ole

zap
      Participant

Hi guys, sorry been away for a while from Music programming.  Anyways, no need for any work on this project anymore as neither me nor anyone else will ever need to bicker about pattern sequencers in relation to Eventide or any other audio or audio related enterprise.  I have an insanely talented DSP
      engineer working on a microcontroller based on my concept for the
      ultimate definitive step sequencer that my company  will release… (guy works
      for NASA too).  But i wonder how stable the Eventide target parameters
      will be with this unit, sepecially when trying to run up to 8 different
      sequences to eventide parameters at the same time and at various intensities and changes.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.