Can the Reverb 2016 come close to the Space‘s Blackhole effect?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Can the Reverb 2016 come close to the Space‘s Blackhole effect?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      fabeck01
      Participant

I’ve been longing for the Eventide Reverb 2016 for quite some time to complement my synths. It sounds awesome, is a classic and would probably be the 19“ rack unit I’m looking for. Also, the looks are simply beautiful!

As I enjoy ambient music, I’ve also looked at the Eventide Space stompbox. Although I don’t fancy the form factor of a stomp box, I‘m wondering whether the Reverb 2016 would also be able to produce otherworldly effects similar to the Space‘s Blackhole? Is that a possibility or not even close? Otherwise I might have to go with an Eventide Eclipse v4 instead…

I appreciate any advice.

fabeck01
      Participant

Really? Does no one have any insights?

gkellum
      Participant

I would say that the Reverb 2016 doesn't do anything close to Blackhole. All of the algorithms from the Reverb 2016 though are now available in the plugin "SP2016 Reverb" and Blackhole is of course available as a plugin.  So, you could always try the demo versions of both plugins and come to your own conclusions about how well it meets your needs.  There's also a lot of video material you can check out on the SP2016 Reverb's product page: 

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/plugins-reverb/reverb/sp2016-reverb

fabeck01
      Participant

Thanks! I guess it‘ll be the Eclipse then.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.