Can you connect to the H9000 with emote and Vsig with wifi?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Can you connect to the H9000 with emote and Vsig with wifi?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      moschops
      Participant

Can you connect to the H9000 with emote and Vsig with wifi from a macbook?

If so would really appreciate some instructions

jfirlik
      Eventide Staff

Yes, this is possible.  With the included wi-fi dongle plugged into a port on the H9000, navigate to SETUP > NETWORK and find your wi-fi network.  Enter the password if necessary, and wait until the connection succeeds.  If you're on the same wi-fi network on your macbook, the H9000 should show up in Emote, and you can use the displayed IP address to connect in Vsig as well.

bsfreq
      Participant

I kept loosing connection between emote and the H9000 when using the included wi-fi dongle. Even when having my Macbook Pro only half a meter away. After connecting the H9000 to my wi-fi router via ethernet cable and having my Macbook connected to router via wi-fi, the connection seems solid. (I’m using the Apple Airport Express 2, but I bet any proper wifi router will work just fine) I’m able to use emote on two Macbooks simultaneously, and all the settings are mirrored without delay. Not sure how many emotes we can have connected at the same time, but two is enough for me.

bsfreq
      Participant

What I’m wondering is why can’t we use emote via USB? Not enough bandwidth on USB 2.0 for both 16 channels of audio and emote communication?

J20056
      Participant

I got Emote / H9000R to connect to my Win10 laptop via Wi-Fi and I can see the IP address that it is using, but I cannot get Vsig3 to connect to the H9k. I tried both the machine name and the IP address. Oh the latter, the error message is: cannot connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9000. I put xxx to not display my actual IP. However I did not type :9000 in the provided input area.
      How do I get Vsig3 to work?

J20056
      Participant

I do, problem is fixed, but only using the IP address worked, not by name

macgee
      Participant

is bonjour included on windows 10 machines by default? wasn’t in Windows 7

if bonour not installed, then could that explain why it’s not working by name?

J20056
      Participant

Not sure, but if IP address works then does it matter?

macgee
      Participant

can make networking setup simpler in that you can use dynamic IPs and not have to keep track of it and not impacted by any network changes

Depends on your setup

J20056
      Participant

I prefer static DHCP addresses personally, but I get your point.

Which brings me to my next question: In order to setup a static IP address in my router, I would need to know the MAC address of my H9000R. However, I have no idea how to do that as it doesn’t appear anywhere in Emote?

J20056
      Participant

Actually I used a lan scanner utility and it showed a device which is the brand of the WiFi dongle that came with the H9000, including the MAC address. I created a static address in my router and everything works well.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      bsfreq wrote:

Not enough bandwidth on USB 2.0 for both 16 channels of audio and emote communication?

Correct.

dbaylies
      Eventide Staff
      J20056 wrote:
      I got Emote / H9000R to connect to my Win10 laptop via Wi-Fi and I can see the IP address that it is using, but I cannot get Vsig3 to connect to the H9k. I tried both the machine name and the IP address. Oh the latter, the error message is: cannot connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9000. I put xxx to not display my actual IP. However I did not type :9000 in the provided input area. How do I get Vsig3 to work?

Hey J,

When trying the machine name option, you're putting it in the correct format, right? Ex. "9K-00121". One issue we've seen is people renaming their 9K to have a space in the name. VSig unfortunately cannot handle 9K names that have a space in them, so you should try removing the space in that case.

-David

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      J20056 wrote:

I prefer static DHCP addresses personally, but I get your point.

Which brings me to my next question: In order to setup a static IP address in my router, I would need to know the MAC address of my H9000R. However, I have no idea how to do that as it doesn't appear anywhere in Emote?

Hmm, it would be a good idea for us to include this information in the Devices page in emote.

In the meantime, here's a workaround you can use if you are on a Mac.  (I don't know offhand if Windows has a commnad line arp tool).  You can use arp to find the MAC address at the Terminal command line.  You need to ping the H9000 first so the address will be put into the ARP cache, then use arp to find the mapping.  For example:

$ ping 192.168.33.168

… hit Ctrl-C …

$ arp 192.168.33.168

? (192.168.33.168) at 0:4:a3:6e:b0:2d on en0 ifscope [ethernet]

So the MAC address is 0:4:a3:6e:b0:2d

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.