Cannot save to Card

Home Forums Products Rackmount Cannot save to Card

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      mtclearwave

Hi – I have been saving many Presets over the past few days and then got the following screens. How can I be out of memory when I still have over 1.5G on the original Card?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – don't know. Please try a new smaller card.

mtclearwave

Ok – I will let you know it things improve.

mtclearwave

I got my 512MB Card – went over to a friend’s house and he formatted it with Fat. Came back home and popped it in to the H8000 – but it refused to read it. I really hope the new H9000 has a better solution for reading Cards than the H8000! I am now storing my Custom Presets on my iPad with Sysex Base app. Works like a charm 😉

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry you are having all this trouble.

It is usually best to use a new card with the factory format. The card should be as small as possible – when the unit was designed, 16M and 32M cards were typical.

The H9K uses USB memory sticks for external storage, so will not have these problems.

mtclearwave

Glad to hear that the H9 will use USB Flash. Do you happen to know if there will be a sampler on the H9?

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        mtclearwave wrote:

Glad to hear that the H9 will use USB Flash. Do you happen to know if there will be a sampler on the H9?

No plans for a sampler at present – we figured that people will use a DAW or similar.

mtclearwave

Thats a real pity a think. I really enjoy using the H8000 without a computer. There should reconsider to put one in with extended sample length (5min 96mHz). Du you know if the remote version of the H9 will be iOS compatible?

gkellum
        Participant
        mtclearwave wrote:

Do you know if the remote version of the H9 will be iOS compatible?

It doesn't currently work on iPads.  We're concentrating on the desktop versions at the moment.  We did design it with tablets in mind though, and it was developed on a C++ framework that runs on iOS.  So, we do plan on eventually supporting tablets (not phones) but not right away.

mtclearwave

Cool! Really glad to here that iOS dev is in the works! Any plans to include a stereo sampler in the H9000?

gkellum
        Participant
        mtclearwave wrote:

Any plans to include a stereo sampler in the H9000?

Well, we're talking about it.  It's been asked about more than we expected.  We'd have to redo it instead of porting the existing H8000 sampler.

What would you want the sampler to be able to do?  Was the sampler in the H8000 a good reference?

mtclearwave

Yes, I would consider the H8000 Sampler a good starting point . . . I dont use the trigger playback or trigger rec option page. . .Every parameter CC controllable is a must I think. All of the fade in and outs and xfades are very useful. It would be awesome if you could do some editing of the sample itself. Particularly useful would be to be able to slice it and have multiple loops which could have their respective start and end points controlled via CC. Also faster loading/saving times (please!) and longer sampling times (Stereo 3-5min @ 96MHz). A basic EQ and Reverb would come in handy . . . Also being able to have it loaded in either Machine A or B and the ability to route it A>B or B>A would add more flexiblity. Having an upgraded sampler in the H9000 would be a very attractive selling point and is a dealbreaker for me. Thx for the feedback and openness . . . If you need a beta tester for it I would be very interested in devoting time and energy to such an endeavor. I am in Switzerland.

cbm
      Participant

I think that the Orville / H8000 sampler is useful as a starting point. I woud love to see a sampler implemented in the H9000, eventually.

cbm
      Participant

I said that the Orville/H8000 Sampler would be a good starting point, but I would love to see it taken further. Elektron has done some interesting work with samples with their Octatrack. It would be really great to allow for some sort of granularization of the sample, once in memory.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.