Can’t boot my Eclipse after Upgrade and Downgrade

Home Forums Products Rackmount Can’t boot my Eclipse after Upgrade and Downgrade

Tagged: 

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      jeian

First of all, Sorry about poor english

I upgraded my Eclipse from 3.51 to 4.01. it was fine and I reset all parameter, too as i’ve seen that in menual

But I decided to downgrade Eclipse again because of some reason. I followed the all steps and then I could get the complete and cycle the power message

So I turned off the Eclipse and tried to reboot 

However after that I cannot get any bootscreen at all. Just can hear the click sound when I try to turn on the Eclipse.

Am I in big trouble ? plz give me some idea. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry you are having trouble. Things to do:

1) Follow the instructions in the User manual under "Fixing Strange Behavior, Freezes, Etc."

2) If this does not work, or you can't do it, see if you can try the upgrade again. If you used a card, try a different card.

3) If that fails, it probably has to come in.

jeian

When I power on the Eclipse
      I can only hear relay click sound
      and cannot see any booting screen at all
      No keys working so I cannot even try your suggestion at all

Do you think that update or downgrade program can damage bootrom?

or I am in hardware problem by accident while updating

thank for quick reply

Because it’s hard to send eclipse to usa and cost a lot, i want to fix the problem in my country

so I just want to get any clue what is the cause

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Alas, if your unit is totally dead it will have to come for service. It's probably just screwed up software, but that cannot be fixed remotely on an Eclipse.

You don't say where you are – if in EC, you could talk to Sound Service in Dusseldorf.

jeian

if I need to send my eclipse, at least i have to spend over 400$ (your standard cost 250 + estimate post cost from South Korea) because of i just update.

that’s why I try to find the solution which I can try in my country

Do you think there is any chance that I can fix my eclipse problem in my country

I also think that It might be software Problem.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'm afraid I think it is unlikely you can fix it in South Korea. I'll look and see if our Japanese people can help.

You are probably right that it is a software problem, but the problem is that the software has been destroyed – I am assuming that the unit is totally dead – please tell me if otherwise.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

There is another option – if you can find another Eclipse, it is possible to revive yours with a suitable card and a suitable cable.

jeian

Yes I have got one more perfect working 4.01 Eclipse.

Plz give me the idea how to revive

thank a lot

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Please send an email to support@eventide.com, referring to this thread.

We will then send you instructions. You will need a CF card below 2G, and a way to write to it from a computer.

You will also need to take of the top cover of the broken one to change a jumper.

You will also need a 9 pin male to male Null Modem cable.

jeian

I sent E-mail plz check.

jeian

I sent my another E-mail to your mail plz check again.

thanks a lot

jeian

Almost done. My Eclipse Is turned on.

But one last problem is ROM integrity error is on the screen

Thanks a lot

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        jeian wrote:
        Almost done. My Eclipse Is turned on. But one last problem is ROM integrity error is on the screen Thanks a lot

I'll send you something to fix it. You can ignore it for now.

jeian

Thanks a lot nick
      Now it’s working perfectly.

Zeppelin999
      Participant

Hi Nick, hope you’re well. I just bought a Eclips and is ina sort of D.O.A. (the guy who sold it to me sayd that the Ecplise was working before shipping).

So, the behaviour is identical to the one explained in this post: power on, then all lights on and a short sound (“beep”), and then no light, no lcd screen etc. Is there something I can do at home considering the italian lockdown? The “strange behaviour” thing on the manual does not work neither. 

cheers

Lucio

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hi Vito. I'm afraid that it sounds broken. Your best bet would be to return to sender.

It will be a while before there are repair facilities, although you could try contacting our Italian dealer.

In the meantime, you could try putting it into update mode – if you can it would be worth trying an update as described elsewhere on this sit. If you can't it will need to be looked at. 

Or, if you have access to another working Eclipse, we could try a prodcedure that helped other people on this post. To do this, contact support@eventide.com mentioning this post and the word "clone". You would require the other Eclipse, a CF card smaller than 2G, an ability to write the card, and a "null modem" cable.

Zeppelin999
      Participant

Thans. But No luck: power on + 1 = the orange led lights on for hours… Should I try the booloader option? Thanks

rakotite
      Participant

Hi,

I have a Eclipse with no sound and no display.I think it’s the same problem .

Is it possible to give me the procedure for the bootloader,please?

I am in France.

Thanks,

Best regards

rakotite
      Participant

Hi,

I have a Eclipse with no sound and no display.I think it’s the same problem .

Is it possible to give me the procedure for the bootloader,please?

I am in France

Thanks,

Best regards,

Zeppelin999
      Participant
      nickrose wrote:

Hi Vito. I’m afraid that it sounds broken. Your best bet would be to return to sender.

It will be a while before there are repair facilities, although you could try contacting our Italian dealer.

In the meantime, you could try putting it into update mode – if you can it would be worth trying an update as described elsewhere on this sit. If you can’t it will need to be looked at. 

Or, if you have access to another working Eclipse, we could try a prodcedure that helped other people on this post. To do this, contact support@eventide.com mentioning this post and the word “clone”. You would require the other Eclipse, a CF card smaller than 2G, an ability to write the card, and a “null modem” cable.

Hi Nick and thanks for the quick response

I’ll try to update to 4.01 with compact flash. Anyway, shuold I try to load the bootloader too? Or not?

Best

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      vitolucio wrote:

Should I try the booloader option? 

NOOOO – you have enough trouble already.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.