cards and adaptors for upgrades

Home Forums Products Rackmount cards and adaptors for upgrades

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      E.M Pulinx

card :

you give with the H8000FW a 32MB card with a adaptor.It don't seem to work on a regular basis! One user had to pick up a 2GB card ;another a 16GB from a camera formatted to 1GB.

Is the 32MB card furnished with the machine sufficient ,yes or no ? Be clear .

adaptor :

for another user,nothing did help.You said then that some adaptors may have problems : you are sending those adaptors .. don't you have a quality control ?

You suggested then to this user to buy a pre-programmed card from the store.Why did he respond : …"  I'd hate to purchase a pre-programmed card only to discover it doesn't work " ?

E-M Pulinx,MD

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

E.M Pulinx:

Is the 32MB card furnished with the machine sufficient ,yes or no ? Be clear

It is sufficient for the purpose for which it is supplied, which is to store some programs.

E.M Pulinx:

You said then that some adaptors may have problems : you are sending those adaptors .. don't you have a quality control ?

We don't make adaptors, and have to buy them. Our original supplier was good for a long time, then we started having problems. So we changed the supplier. Since then we have had no reported problems.

E.M Pulinx:

You suggested then to this user to buy a pre-programmed card from the store.

For a variety of reasons,some people have problems making installation cards. As a service to them, we offer pre-programmed cards from the store.

E.M Pulinx

As I understand,the card given with the machine is only made to store  user Prgs ;his capacity is too small to make a update.
      In order to make an upgrade,we have to buy a blank compact flash card  between 1 or 2 GB, correct ?

Is it possible then to extract  the 32 MB from   the silver adaptor furnished with the machine , and to put in the 2GB card  ,or is it not possible and have we  to  buy another adaptor ?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

E.M Pulinx:

As I understand,the card given with the machine is only made to store  user Prgs ;his capacity is too small to make a update.

Not true – the largest upgrade is less than 10M due to the wonders of compression, the smallest cards we have ever sent with H8000 were maybe 16M (probably now 32M or 64M).

E.M Pulinx:

In order to make an upgrade,we have to buy a blank compact flash card  between 1 or 2 GB, correct ?

Again, not correct.

E.M Pulinx:

Is it possible then to extract  the 32 MB from   the silver adaptor furnished with the machine , and to put in the 2GB card  ,or is it not possible and have we  to  buy another adaptor ?

If you needed to do this, you certainly could. But, as above, probably not necessary.

E.M Pulinx

Thank you,I understood.

Last point :

if I buy a compact card flash reader,must I first  extract the 32MB card out  of the silver adaptor to put in the card reader ,or are those   reader made to accept the entire unit (card +adaptor ) ?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Your card reader would almost certainly want you to remove the CF card from the adaptor. New computers have CF card readers built in.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.