CC Over MIDI in Eclipse

Home Forums Products Rackmount CC Over MIDI in Eclipse

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      jcshirke
      Participant

Hi,

I'm used to using an expression pedal hooked up to my MIDI foot controller to control parameters on my Factor pedals. But I haven't tried it yet with my Eclipse.

I've been reading the manual (sec. on External Controller), and I think I get the main concept, but i'm not 100% sure.

I think I'd select Ext 1 and choose "MIDI single" (for coarse control of the parameters–values of 0-127, which is what I'm accustomed to with the Factor pedals and other devices). Then I need to choose a controller number (presumably any one will do??), *or* I can use the "capture" function and automate the process–right?

I'm a little confused why I have to send a MIDI message on base channel + 2. I can certainly do it, but I will need to change my base channel (currently channel 6) to some other value, since I have another device on MIDI channel 8 (base +2=8).

Also, what I want to do is control the mix level of a preset (mostly likely #195) from just about completely dry to completely wet. How do I gain control over *that* parameter?

Any help?

Thanks,

Jeff

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You can either choose the MIDI CC yourself, or as you say, let the MIDI capture do the work for you.

The MIDI base + 2 is not usually a requirement, more of a convenience, where you can set a base channel and relate everything else to it. In almost all cases, you can set it to base and keep it simple.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.