Change battery in Eclipse

Home Forums Products Rackmount Change battery in Eclipse

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      icebear

Anyone knows what battery is in the Eclipse? I think I'll have to change it cause I get error messages every time I turn it on.

IDeangelis

Hello

the battery you want to look for is a BR2330. You'll find a lot of CR2330. Don't use them…stay on the BR one as it's the correct part. It's a lithium round button shaped flat battery.

all the best

I

P.S.: backup your presets BEFORE changing the battery!

icebear

Thank you IDeangelis!

May I suggest you put this information on your support pages also?

Have a nice day Smile

IDeangelis

It should be added in the User Manual!

I'll suggest that.

best

I

icebear

Even better!

Thanks again.

icebear

It seems like its impossible to get a hand on the BR2330 where I live (in Norway). Are you shure you cannot use the CR2330, 'cause everyone tells me they're the same? What's the difference actually?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

To quote Panasonic-san: coin type lithium batteries are available in two types: poly-carbonmonofluoride lithium batteries (BR series) for uses that require extended reliability
      and safety, and manganese dioxide lithium batteries (CR series) for uses that require high voltage and strong load pulse characteristics.

So essentially either can be used. CR types probably have slightly higher capacity and better current supply characteristics, so may last longer. But not by much.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.