Change battery in H8000

Home Forums Products Rackmount Change battery in H8000

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

I want to change the battery in a H8000 by myself. Are there detailed instructions how to do it and what kind of battery I need? I read that the internal presets get lost when changing the battery. Is there a way to save all internal settings to a Card? Thanks,

Wolf

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

There are no detailed instructions as it is viewed as a technical job. But, it's not too hard.

You will need a BR2330 or CR2330 battery. On an H8000 you will see where it goes as soon as you remove the top of the case.

An H8000FW is harder cos it's under the FireWire board.

Look in the manual for "Storing and Loading Setups" before you start. Presets must be saved individually. Sigh.

If you have an H8000 and are technically competent you could consider changing the battery with the power on AT YOUR OWN RISK. This will preserve the setup and presets. Don't try it on an H8000FW – too difficult.

Thanks for your reply!
      Do I have to save presets one by one or is it possible to save all internal presets e.g. to a card or via Midi dump to the computer?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you have software or a MIDI sequencer that will record a SYSEX dump and replay it you should look at UM p.140-1

The details you will have to work out yourself.

If anything goes wrong in this process you may lose everything, so I would save the important stuff to a card first.

Ok but is there an official file with the original presets on the Eventide Website? I have stored my own presets on a card so I just have to restore the original ones.

Thanks,

Wolf

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The factory presets cannot be erased, so you probably have no reason to worry.

what about Orville units? is it hard to reach for a battery on Orvilles? I ‘d like to change it myself, so if opening Orville while it’s powered up won’t make it explode in my face, then it should be doable. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      USed EQuipment wrote:

what about Orville units? is it hard to reach for a battery on Orvilles? I 'd like to change it myself, so if opening Orville while it's powered up won't make it explode in my face, then it should be doable. 

Orvilles are easier because the battery is not covered by other boards.

To be really safe, do it with the power disconnected. But, afterwards you will have to re-initialize the unit, and you will lose any user presets. (Save them to a card first).

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.