Channel Status Cyclic Redundant Check on H8000fw AES channels?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Channel Status Cyclic Redundant Check on H8000fw AES channels?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Siem
      Participant

I've switched completely over to AES on my Mac with three Lynx AES16e cards instead of aggregating multiple firewire interfaces. The H8000fw is also connected over AES and the clock is slaved to the AES input.

Everything works well and I get sound to and from the H8000fw over AES.

However I get an error / warning on my AES16e card indicating:

a transmission error in the channel status data. This indicator represents the state of Channel Status Cyclic Redundant Check used to validate the transmission of the channel status data embedded in the AES stream. An error indicates a channel status data error was caused either by the transmitting device or the connecting cables. Some devices do not transmit CS CRC. In this case an error will be displayed, but the audio data can still be transmitted without errors. 

so does the H8000fw transmit CS CRC embedded in the AES stream, or did I mix up some wires on my homebuilt cable?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

This will not be something you have done. It is either a fault in the signal we are sending or in your Lynx cards.

Which AES channels cause this problem (1-4, 11-18) ?

Siem
      Participant

It's on AES channel 11-18. Apart from this it seems to work without flaws.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Have you tried AES out 1-4 ? If not, please do.

This message can in general be ignored – the H8000 does not send any AES user data, so the CRC state is irrelevant.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.