clicking sound when automating FW 8000

Home Forums Products Rackmount clicking sound when automating FW 8000

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ongo

hello there

I have a little issue while I am remotely controlling my FW8000 vi external Midi Faders

I get clicking noises while moving faders and audio is been fed into the FW8000 most noticable on reverbs delays ect…

Did I miss something from the manual ?  is it my midi device ( Novation Remote SL) ?

In hopes one of you cats can help me 

all the best !!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you use a MIDI fader for control, it tends not to send smoothed values so you get jumps. These are the clicks you are hearing. They may vary with different controllers, but essentially MIDI is a fairly slow non-real-time control..

Some presets have extra smoothing for certain values to help with this, but most do not – MIDI is normally used to create scenes or settings, rather than smooth controllers. If you need direct control like this you would probably be better with a pedal.

ongo

Ok thanks for the clarification !!!  

Does the dedicated  EV remote remedy this problem ?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I assume that you refer to EveNet. This is essentuially a remote front panel, so will have the same performance as the front panel on the H8000 itself. It is much faster than MIDI so the control is more immediate.

NikosGuitar

ongo,how did you use the Novation with the H8000?

i am on the way to buy the novation zero sl mkii to control my Orville and i wanted to know if you have any problem with the encoders and knobs.

i do believe that it would be better to use the faders for things such levels and for effect parameters to use the pots and the encoders.

please,tell me if you still have any problems with the novation and how bad the midi latency is.

Thanks,

Nikos

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.