CLICKS WHEN CROSSFADING

Home Forums Products Rackmount CLICKS WHEN CROSSFADING

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      fmanfredi76
      Participant

Hi,

just picked up a used Eclipse v4. I noticed that when I'm trying to crossfade from one preset to another, there are some weird clicks at program change. I use it with MIDI and in a parallel loop. There's a way to solve this issue?

Thank you 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'm not aware of such a problem. You could try running it straight through without the loop to see if that makes a difference.

fmanfredi76
      Participant

Thank you for the quick reply nickrose…

The problem persists (master Wet/Dry ratio 100%, dry channel on the mixer excluded): there's a click (when I play on the change) mostly when the xfade time decays or when I send the PC message. Maybe a misconfiguration of in/out levels or bypass options: I have this unit since one week and it has not been reinitialized… 

Thank you again

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Since you have only just got the unit, you might want to try a "clear internal memory." (see UM). If that fails you should probably take it to a dealer for service or support@eventide.com.

BillyFury

Hi there,

I have also noticed slight clicks when using say, Crystal Echoes in X-Fade to another patch. I think it's because the machine can't handle all that info, going into different effects. I've tried it differently, by setting my Crystal Echoes to say, Parallel and then going into another effect, which is also in, say, parallel. No clicks. You then also don't get any x-fade, which for myself isn't a prob as I'm using the Eclipse in parallel via a line mixer.

There may be another way around this, but that method certainly solved my 'clicks'. All the best mate.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.