Clocking Question

Home Forums Products Rackmount Clocking Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Pcarbo

I have my Eclipse connected  to an Apogee Big Ben with a termination plug at a speed of 88.2. I set the Eclipse setting to Workclock 88.2.  When I try to run some of the more DSP intensive programs on V4.0, they won't load.  If I set the Eclipse on a lower setting, I can load those programs but I get jitter.  I am running out of the digital AES ins/outs. Any suggestions as to how I can access those programs while also preserving my Big Ben connection?

IDeangelis

Hi Pcarbo

using an external clock device (Big Ben) requires you set the Eclipse on external clock, rather than on internal. The Big Ben should clock Eclipse, not Eclipse itself.

Some programs can't run at higher than 48KHz sampling rate. The presets that show a "96" symbol in fron of their names will run at higher than 48KHz rates.

Running at 88.2 or 96KHz cuts DSP resources in half, so smaller programs only can run at such higher rates.

best

I

Pcarbo

I, thats exactly what I read too.  My problem is I set the Eclipse to external wordclock at 88.2 and can't run the programs so then I tried setting the Eclipse to internal at lets say 48.  And I then disconnected the BNC to the Big Ben, so essentially the Eclipse is clocking itself.  When I do that I find that I can open all the programs but I get digital jitter.  What I wonder is that by virtue of using the AES connections for audio feed I am somehow still getting an 88.2 clock from the Apogee AD and DA 16s I use.  Do you think thats possible?

Peter

IDeangelis

how do you set Eclipse clocking when you disconnect it from Big Ben. Sorry but we need A LOT of details.

Thanks

I

IDeangelis

wait a minute!

You are using AES. When not using Big Ben, you should make AES-EBU your clocking source, not Eclipse's internal clock.

I

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.