Comms Tip for H8000FW

Home Forums Products Rackmount Comms Tip for H8000FW

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      rmccomb

I've discovered you don't have to use the old COM port to communicate between the PC and the H8000FW. In the Comms Preferences select the MIDI tab, then Eventide Dice for both Input and Output, then OK (don't select another tab as that changes the setting).

This is very fast and seems reliable – the COM interface was crashing all the time for me.

Works in VSig and Routing.

Cheers, Rob

rmccomb

I'll just add this in case any other new people are having trouble like I was – in the Routing app once you've made your selection, you have to right-click and deselect "Off-line demo mode" before anything will happen. It goes into Demo mode automatically, but doesn't come out of it automatically.

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Cool tip! Thanks!

unguitar
      Participant

does it mean you can use midi connections just or do you imply there is firewire connection ?

rmccomb

Hi, sorry yes was a bit vague.  I'm using a Firewire connection directly from PC to H8000FW. 

I thought you could use any MIDI interface and select that as well, but my testing doesn't show this works. I've tested my Saffire Pro 40 as an interface, and the Routing app just goes into Demo mode after a few seconds.

Using Dice works even with MIDI and Serial turned off on the H8000FW global configuration, so they must be doing something a bit tricky. Maybe it's just me..

rmccomb

I got MIDI comms working through the Saffire interface ok, I'm not sure what the issue was, but after reconnecting everything I have a choice of MIDI over direct Firewire via Dice, or MIDI via Saffire (Firewire to Saffire then MIDI cables to Eventide). Works well in both cases.

There's a great MIDI monitor program, #2411 to help test.

unguitar
      Participant

Hi,

can you make Vsig work through Dice ?

Win8 here.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Not quite sure what you mean. There is an "Eventide Dice" MIDI channel you can use – this sends the MIDI over FireWire.

unguitar
      Participant

I mean, can you manage the communication between H8000 and Vsig through the Firewire Dice connection instead of serial port or midi in/out ?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Yes – select the Eventide Dice on the MIDI comms dialog.

unguitar
      Participant

Great !

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.