Connecting with Optical Audio cables?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Connecting with Optical Audio cables?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Nickpancake
      Participant

I have read some posts here similar to this but I am really confused.

I am trying to connect my eclipse to my focusrite pro 24 audio interface so I can use the eclipse as an out board piece of gear with my DAW. The Pro 24 has spdif in/out but only  optical in. The eclipse has in/out spdif and in/out optical but I don't understand what I need to do. Since there is only an in on the interface does this mean I can't send audio outboard an back in via the optical cable? I have two toslink optical cables but I can't find sp/dif cables anywhere around here. I suppose I will have to order if that's what I need to have.  I am unsure if I could do this with ADAT? Or what cables I would need to do that.

I know this is a long question but any help would be greatly appreciated. Links or anything to point me in the right direction.

Thank you

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Your Focusrite only has optical in, so you will have to use S/PDIF out to send to the Eclipse. You will need a 75 ohm BNC cable. These are not hard to find – they are also used for video.

The Eclipse can both send and receive optical or S/PDIF. See the UM for details.

Nickpancake
      Participant

I need S/PDIF cables in addition to a BNC cable? The BNC cables I have looked at say they are used for world clock. .?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The S/PDIF cable is a BNC. Wordclock cables will be OK.

Nickpancake
      Participant

Ok so all I need is ONE cable like this?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BNC103/

and that is it? I would think I need two of them because there is an in and an out for the s/pdif.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you are going to use optical for the input you only need one BNC, otherwise you will need two.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.