Continuous controller weirdness

Home Forums Products Rackmount Continuous controller weirdness

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      eugenelhymn

I am running an eclipse, lexicon mpx, switchblade, and GCP, with a Boss FV500L connected to the GCP.   I have the eclipse running on MIDI channel 2 (both on the eclipse itself, and the GCP).  With a certain preset on the eclipse, I mapped an external to the global wet/dry.  This is preset 1 on the GCP.  On the GCP, for preset 1, I designated that the pedal will control the eclipse on midi channel 2.  It works fine, and controls the global wet/dry as expected.

However, with another preset on the GCP (and corresponding eclipse), I turned the FV500 "off" in the GCP (you can do this).  Yet, when I select this preset on the GCP, and move the FV500 a bit, it completely mutes all signal, to the point that there is no way to get any volume, and I must reboot the system.  I have no clue what is going on here.  I checked the eclipse levels, and none of them are effected, so I am not sure why the signal is shorting out.  

Another weird occurence is that when I do press the FV500, the Lexicon shows a midi signal input.  Since the pedal is turned off in the GCP, there should be no midi being transmitted.  

IDeangelis

Hi Eugene

this is the Eventide support forum. We can only provide advice/support for your Eventide products.

Eclipse presets have a SEND parameter controlling input level to the FX. This can be patched to external controllers, MIDI or pedlas. I can only think of:

-a MIDI CC message is patched to this parameter and it mutes some presets?

-your rig isn't configured so that EACH unit is controlled on a dedicated MIDI channel? ANY MIDI OMNI setting should be turned to OFF in all units, including the pedalboard? Always use separate MIDI channels!

– MIDI chains can be weird sometimes. It's much better to run them on a parallel routing rather than daisy chain them on MIDI IN/MIDI THRU. A MIDI Split box helps this and makes commands faster.

We'd need more details on how the Eclipse is configured though.

best

scottburk

Sounds like a problem with the GCP. Call Voodoo Lab. They have great customer service.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.