Controllers for H9000

Home Forums Products Rackmount Controllers for H9000

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      joeydego
      Participant

I see some algos have start/stop options and things like that. What are some controllers you guys are using for these functions? How are they routed in the H9000?

drxcm
      Participant

Faderfox EC4.  Class compliant, USB bus powered directly plugged into the H9000

Plug and play – select midi learn on any of the paramaters in an algo and the EC4 controls it.

Couldn’t be simpler and works like a dream!

joeydego
      Participant

Can I use my pre existing Akai MPD226? It’s currently usb into the computer. I never use the 4 knobs or 4 faders on it for anything. Can it serve double duty somehow??

2mmi
      Participant
      drxcm wrote:

Faderfox EC4.  Class compliant, USB bus powered directly plugged into the H9000

Plug and play – select midi learn on any of the paramaters in an algo and the EC4 controls it.

Couldn’t be simpler and works like a dream!

Is there some kind of auto mapping ?

Or do you need to reassign when you switch algo ? (and can this be saved inside the algo ?)

John Baylies
      Participant
      There's no auto-mapping like Ableton's MIDI controller scrips. The Learn button just lets you press a button or move a fader or knob on a MIDI controller and have it be mapped to an Algorithm or FX Chain parameter. You have to reassign mappings when you switch algos. Mappings can not be saved within a preset, but they can be saved within an FX Chain or Session.

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      joeydego wrote:
      Can I use my pre existing Akai MPD226? It’s currently usb into the computer. I never use the 4 knobs or 4 faders on it for anything. Can it serve double duty somehow??

You can plug the controller directly into the H9000 of course (via any of the USB A ports on the front or rear), but assuming you want to keep it connected to the computer, you would need a way to route the incoming MIDI from the controller to go out through the H9000 USB connection (the rear panel USB B connector that also carries USB audio).  We can certainly look into it.

John Baylies
      Participant
      joeydego wrote:

if you use emote as a plug-in your DAW should allow you to map your controller to Functions in the plug-in.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.