Controlling Audio Input via MIDI messages

Home Forums Products Rackmount Controlling Audio Input via MIDI messages

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Praslea
      Participant

Hello everyone and Happy New Year,

I need help with figuring out how to control my Audio Input feed via MIDI messages on DSP 4000/GTR 4000/DSP 4500. Think it the same on all.

I read the manual and i know this is is not possible thru Mod & Trig setup. I found an older post on the forum that stated that this is possible by adding a module to each patch that can be controlled via MIDI. I can't pinpoint that post right now.

I tried finding the module that i need and patch it in, but being a newbie in the patch area it's really hard to get around. 

Your help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

And a Happy New Year to you …

I'm not sure what you mean by "control my Audio Input feed via MIDI." On later software many of the basic functions can be remoted by pressing and holding softkeys – see the UM for information.

You can add a EXTCONTROL module to each patch to give further MIDI control, but this requires Vsig, and a bit more knowledge.

Praslea
      Participant

Thank you for the fast replay 

What i want to do is to Gate the INPUT via MIDI messages. Don't know how else to explain it 🙂

It's like letting signal pass thru the program at certain moments only. This could be achievable with a unit like this http://www.rane.com/g4.html by using side chain. Essentially is the same thing. I'm trying to "side chain" my eventides input with MIDI CC# messages. 

Hope this helps.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You should probably try and control the input or output gain – changing it from none to full is essentially switching it.  There might also be things you could do by controlling the BYPASS.

Praslea
      Participant

I have already tried using the BYPAS/MUTE function in any type of mode (BYPAS/DSP BYPAS/MUTE – GUITAr MIX / STUDIO (no mix)) automated by "mod1" in LEVELS menu but i'm not getting the desired effect. The tail of the effect is also stopped when i BYPASS/MUTE the unit. That's why i have to control only the INPUT and the OUTPUT has to be opened all the time.

Thank you anyway.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.