Converters on H8000FW

Home Forums Products Rackmount Converters on H8000FW

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      krcassid

This is a question possibly related to that below regarding DAW I/O. I too, finally bit the bullet and bought my 8000 this week. Orville and 3500DFX are going away. Question of best I/O brings up quality of converters on 8000. They seemed pretty darn good on Orville. But, for those of us with high-end converters (IE Apogee…), or even mid level, are they THAT good? Reason I ask is because I am now tempted to use 8000 for additional ADC duty. If I have a signal I can send through 8000 ADC (w/o EFX), does this make sense? Are the converters that good? Real world exmple: I am running stereo guitar signal (preamp direct) into 8000 and out w/ EFX via AESEBU to DAW. At at same time, I am micing cabs into another preamp which will be dry but needs ADC. I could send the signal out of 8000 analog into Apogees and preamped mics into Apogees. Or, I could just send the miced signal into Analog 3&4 of 8000 and send them through (dry) via FW with the effected signal. Question is: how good are 8000 converters? I could spend a lot of time A/Bing them. But, I figured somebody out there already knows this. Thx!

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Hi,

the converters on the H-8000FW are very good. Admittedly they're not PrismSound, DAD or Lavry but they are very good. At least this is my personal opinion. I have a similar situation where I felt that I am not doing justice to my H-8000FW by routing its outputs into an RME Fireface 800, so top quality converters are definitely on my list although I shiver at the idea of how much would I have to pay to have all my synthesizers connected this way.

Maybe the guys here at Eventide can tell you more about this issue.

IDeangelis

Hello0 

It would be hard to hear difference between Apogee and H8000 converters.

You'd need a higher level converter to really get A difference. 

cheers

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.