Could it to be an operating sistem BUG?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Could it to be an operating sistem BUG?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Ciao !

I have a problem with my eclipse,after updated the operating sistem to 3.51 version ,when I try to copy a preset to memory location "1./.99" after the copy I try to load the copied preset but my eclipse or shut down and restart or  it give me a message like:(I can't load algoritm number xxxx) and I must shut down an restart.

I have try to do all the things that the manual say me to resolv many problem (Pag.52 of eclipse user manual) I have updated again the operating sistem too but I have alowais the same problem …I can't copy program , if I load the preset that I want to copy and save it on memory 1../..99 I don't have any kind of problem………?

Could it to be an operating sistem BUG?

P.S.Could I reload the old 3.1version?

Grazie …and sorry for my english

Lello

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – don't understand what you mean by "1./.99".

Could you also tell us the number of the preset you are trying to save, and the actual number you are trying to save it as ?

You can certainly reload the 3.1 version – it is on the Eclipse page under "Previous Software Updates". Be sure to clear setup if you do this.

I Nick

thank you for your reply 

I mean by 1./.99 (from user location 1 to user location 99) the 99 location where an user can store his personal preset .

The preset that I have try to store is the 290 but it is not important because I tried whit other preset too.

Scuse me what you mean whit "Be sure to clear setup if you do this.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It is always helpful for us to know the exact presets involved. Many times people think a particular problem occurs all the time, whereas in reality it only happens in certain cirumstances, i.e. with certain presets.

Eventide recommends that you perform a "Clear Setup" operation after every upgrade – this returns the unit to factory defaults and gets it into a known state. You can do it by holding down the SETUP key at powerup – it won't erase user presets. You will then have to redo any non-default settings.

Nick please sorry for my delay but  I have just finished to try to copy again…..well now I can explane you exactly the situation:

The preset that I try to copy is the 290 (Buenos Notches).

I load the preset in this memory location ,it's working well.

The first thing I do is to try to copy it on the cartridge, (Mem.location 516)

after the copy I load the preset that I have copied,it working well in this case too.

The second thing I do is to try to copy this preset from cartridge to memory location 19 the copy process is OK but when I try to load the preset the Eclipse is crashed.

I re-start the Eclipse.

The 3 thing I try is to overvrite the 19 location with the preset located in memory location 290 ,the overwrite process is OK but when I try to load the preset the Eclipse is Crashed again

What do you think?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA…………………………

I forgoting another important thing :If I don't Copy but I Save the preset on memory location 19 It working well Indifferent

Now !  What do you think?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

This is indeed a bug. Sorry. It has been reported before on this forum and has already been fixed by our engineers and will be part of the next release.

The actual bug is that SETUP/UTILITY/COPY does not work on factory programs, producing a corrupted file that can crash the unit.

The workaround is to use SAVE instead.

There is not normally any reason to save an exact copy of a factory preset as a user preset, which is why this problem was not spotted before. It will also be present in V3.1 and earlier versions.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.