Crashed, stuck, and out of luck.

Home Forums Products Rackmount Crashed, stuck, and out of luck.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      geminimac

In the middle of use the Eclipse froze and I had a sudden high pitch noise. I shut down. Restarted, and now it get's to the "loading program"screen and goes no further. No more music for me?

Seemed to be working fine. I had been switching through patches before it occured. Do I need to perform some kind of reset (losing all patches, which I will rebuild just in time to lose when V4 update possibly happens?). A trade off I'm willing to undergo.

Crashed, stuck, and out of luck.

IDeangelis

HI geminimac

sorry to hear about that.

What OS version is the unit running on?

You may try powering the unit on while pressing and holding the PROGRAM key. This will force the unit to unload the currently loaded preset.

You may also try a CLEAR SETUP (non destructive on your presets) by pressing and holding the SETUP key at boot on.

Or a full reinitialization (erases all your sounds!) by pressing & holding the 8 key at boot on.

Please let me know what happened….

all the best

Italo

geminimac

Thanks, V3.51

Seemed like a patch corruption issue since the clear patch worked (holding PROGRAM)? I'll post if I  see other strangitude. Seems to be working now.

Main problem is that I haven't been able to get it hooked up digitally between my Digi 02 Rack and my Mytek converters (which I synch the digi 02 to because my preamps don't seem to work if I don't use the converters as a clock). I've been recording at 88.2, and since a lot of the Eclipse patches don't work at that rate perhaps it best I don't go digital and continue to run the Eclipse analog?If the trade off were worth it I would bump down to 48k recording, but thathasn't seemed to work either.

Currently: Digi 02 Rack stereo outputs – Compressors – Eclipse analog 1/4 – Mytek converters – Back to Digi 02 Rack.

The 02 Rack synchs to the Mytek by SDIF. Figured I could the connect the wordclock OUT of the Mytek to the Wordclock and IN of the Eclipse and synch the eclipse to the Mytek as well. I'd have to try again to be sure but that didn't seem to work either. Am I missing something here? Thanks again!

IDeangelis

I would work at 48KHz to get all presets working. If you have tried connecting the digi 02 digitally to Eclipse and then its signal comes back to the digi in digital format, you get a loop and sync issues are possible. Since you seem to have several f?dital units in your setup, a W.C. dedicated unit is what you may consider to get the best sync for all units there.

The way you are trying to clock the rig, S/Pdif (not the best one!) and W.C. together is definitely not recommended.

BTW use the XLRs I/Os on Eclipse as those are the only ones dedicated to line levels signals (+4 dB), being what you provide to the unit in your system.

Question… why a compressor in front of an fx processor?

best

I

geminimac

Ahhh the dedicated wordclock. I think the weak link here is the Digi 02 Rack. It only has SPDIF and Lightpipe (no wordclock either), and the Mytek converters only have SPDIF and AES outs. So if I want to link the Digi Rack to the Mytek I have to use SPDIF. The Eclipse obviously has everything plus the kitchen sink so you'd think I could get it hooked up somehow? Maybe run the converters AES out to the Eclipse to synch?

Compressor question –  It's a Distressor which I sometimes use to color the sound (usually on guitar) or when duplicating tracks to pump some more compression into the backing layered track. Not recommended before the Eclipse?

I was also planning on running the fx loop of my VHT amp head to the Distressor then to the Eclipse for live situations. Another no no?

Thank you kind sir.

Bryan

IDeangelis

You could try slaving everything to Eclipse…but AES-EBU or W.C. need to be used for this- S/Pdif is just too consumer:level to do anything better.

Distressor is awesome!

No probs….

cheers

I

geminimac

Hmmmm so possibly lightpipe the Digi 02 Rack to the ECLIPSE and AES the converters to it? Can I synch through two different inputs on the eclipse? Haven't tried this scenario yet.

IDeangelis

You may try…but I haven't any high hopes.

The best way to run more than 2 digital units clock is to drive each one in parallel, not series, using a dedicated piece of hardware, a clock generator. I know this is costing extra money but a digital recording setup with 3 or more units should really be run in that way to get the best performance and quality of audio.

Let me know how it works!

good luck

I

ddotmusic
      Participant

I slave my Eclipse to my 002 via ligtpipe. Sometimes I have to switch the the 002 to slave mode when using the digital s/pdif out from the focusrite 430. The snobby focusrite refuses to slave to the 002. However the Eclipse accepts the clock with no problem in which ever mode the 002 is in.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.