Create new in Emote

Home Forums Products Rackmount Create new in Emote

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      gweston
      Participant

Is there no way to “create new” session, fx chain etc…. from emote?

I have been waking to my machine room to do it!

John Baylies
      Participant
      gweston
      Participant

Thank you for the quick reply but I am not sure how that is relevent to my question.

Is there no way to “CREATE NEW” session, fx chain etc…. from emote?

In other words File -> New… create a new blank session. hmmm,,,, maybe this makes more sense -> mirror the functionality of the front panel of the hardware unit… 

Sorry if I was not clear the first time,

John Baylies
      Participant

You'll have to create a session that you could consider "new", save it to the H9000, and then drag and drop it whenever you want to start with it.

monads
      Participant

One thing I couldn’t find in Emote was the “Add FXchain” option.  It appears in Emote you have to drag and drop an FX chain from a preset and then configure. 

monads
      Participant

Also in Emote you can’t configure/save Meters?  It overwrites whatever the user configured on the hardwire unit?

joeydego
      Participant

Some more advanced or customizable metering would be useful, for sure. Even if I can just open multiple windows of the already included metering, this way I can see both input and output without having to close or switch a window. 

joeydego
      Participant

Creating a new, blank session as well as blank fx chains would be helpful for sure. Tempo information is stored on the session level, making the only logical way For me to save sessions is on a per song basis. So it’s not like I’m not building songs starting from the session level anyway.

monads
      Participant
      monads wrote:

Also in Emote you can’t configure/save Meters?

Really hoping this makes into an Emote software update!!!!

monads
      Participant
      monads wrote:

Also in Emote you can’t configure/save Meters?…

Really hoping this makes into an future Emote update release!!!!

jfirlik
      Eventide Staff
      monads wrote:

Also in Emote you can't configure/save Meters?  It overwrites whatever the user configured on the hardwire unit?

This is true – the H9000 has 8 channels of hardware metering which can be assigned to anything but must be shared with whatever Emote is viewing at the time.  We thought it'd be easiest to just offer Bank viewing by IO in Emote, but if having individual assignments is useful then we'll consider adding this in a future release.

ndoe22
      Participant
      joeydego wrote:

Some more advanced or customizable metering would be useful, for sure. Even if I can just open multiple windows of the already included metering, this way I can see both input and output without having to close or switch a window. 

Yes this please!! It would be great to have multiple windows of metering available.

resynthesis
      Participant
      John Baylies wrote:

You'll have to create a session that you could consider "new", save it to the H9000, and then drag and drop it whenever you want to start with it.

Didn’t understand this. Do you mean that a new Session is to be created using the front panel on the H9000, then it can be accessed and edited using emote? What if my H9000 is in my machine room? Emote should provide all H9000-front-panel functionality, right down to the Off-button…

John Baylies
      Participant
      resynthesis wrote:
      John Baylies wrote:

Didn’t understand this. Do you mean that a new Session is to be created using the front panel on the H9000, then it can be accessed and edited using emote? What if my H9000 is in my machine room? Emote should provide all H9000-front-panel functionality, right down to the Off-button…

I was referring to Emote with that answer, but creating and loading sessions is possible with the front panel as well.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.