DB25 to DB25 cable?

Home Forums Products Rackmount DB25 to DB25 cable?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      krcassid

I am trying to connect my H8000FW to a new Lynx Aurora 16.  It is unclear from Eventide manual what type of cable I need.  Lynx said I need a "crossover" cable and that their end was Yamaha (not Tascam) pin-out.  What is the pin-out on the H8000FW DB25, Yamaha or Tascam?  Thanks!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The DB25 on the H8000FW uses the Tascam pinout and is designed to use a DigiDesign DigiSnake cable, which converts it to XLRs. It is not compatible with the Yamaha format.

To connect to another Tascam pinout you will need a crossover cable/adaptor, which connects the ins on one unit to the outs of the other, and vice versa.

krcassid

Thanks!  But, I still have options, right?  I can have cable wired any way I want.  Won't Tascam DB25 (on Eventide) to Yamaha DB25 (on Lynx) work?

Worst case, could I not use Tascam DB25 to AES XLR from Eventide to AESXLR to Yamaha for Lynx?

Thx for your help!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you know what you are doing you certainly could make up a cable to connect between them – they are electrically the same, just use different pins.

Or, as you say, you could use two DB25-XLR snakes – this would be less tidy and more expensive, but would have unbeatable versatility.

krcassid

Cool.  I don't have this expertise.  But, the guys who are making the Mogami breakout cables for my Lynx do.  However, you bring up an interesting point.  Using 2 DSUB/XLR cables would allow me a bunch of flexibilty.  Might be worth the extra cost.  Thx!

philjochum

Essentially, you would need a 'Yamaha to ProTools' AES cable.  That's how I have mine hooked up for live use.

Sometimes I wish I had a mult-to-fan on each end, though, to break out a channel or two one in a while.  If you can afford the extra expense, I'd definitely buy the fan-out cables.

~Phil

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.