deep pads

Home Forums Products Rackmount deep pads

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Roc

What's up guys
      just wondering do you have any ideals for making deep lush pads on the H8000fw.

Let say you ran a pad sound from your keyboard into H8000FW I know some effects are better
      than others with this sound. Just looking for a good starting point but sometime the more complex the better .

Thanks

IDeangelis

Roc

sit down with your synth(s) and the H8000Fw…and listen to the combination.

That is what will reward you, finding so many tales in there!

😉

Roc

Ok Thanks

so when you select a sound let's say with DSP A you also have to pick 1 for DSP B

except when in Monolithic . is that right ?

IDeangelis

Not necessarily, Roc.

You have the choice to use/create routings between the 2 DSPs. If they are in series you can load a preset in A and THRU in B, so only A will process the sound and B will let it go out unprocessed. Or you can load 2 different presets and super_process the sound thru both in series. Or even send the sound to the 2 DSPs in parallel for different processing. The thing is so open to be mind_boggling.

For a starter on pads, try the presets in Bank 57 Shifters-Unusual…or Bank13 Films_Atmospheres.

And yes….when you load a monolithic preset, there won't be any choice for B as it disappears…eaten by the supermighty new configuration.

cheers

DaveFX
      Participant

For more fun with pads, I wrote 2217 Inharmonic Trance and 6916 Liquid Sky to mangle pads into rhythmic pulsation.  Both programs work free of glitches on chords, and you can play a stereo synth into them without collapsing your synth to mono inside the H8000FW.  Italo gave Inharmonic Trance new controls for LFO (t_rate and rate), but the info page is still my text: ?Frequency shifting modulated to make your synth pads inharmonic with a pleasant rhythmic pulse. Setting LFO faster can process reverb to make a nice vibrato or twinkle in stereo.?  Also try setting mod amt to zero, then start a pad, then increase mod amt to bring the effect into play.  That way, you can start with your original stereo image, then things gradually get strange!

Also try the factory program 821 Detune Chorus that dates back to the DSP4000.  The algorithm sums to mono, then applies 4 stages of detuning in series, where the 4th stage also spreads the signal into stereo output.  On the main page, try setting the delay values to some values larger than the defaults.  Imagine someone standing by a pyramid of empty champagne glasses, pouring champagne into the top glass, with the top glass overflowing to fill the glasses below.  That?s how the stages of Detune Chorus respond.  First the direct sound gets through, then you get beats, then the beats get beats, and so on… very sick!  If you set the delays longer to make a rhythm, you might get some compositional ideas.  Long and short notes can sound very different after passing through this algorithm.

Roc

1st Thanks for your quick responds, thats priceless

The presets you told me about helped a-lot thank you.

I think the Presets manual is great but nice to talk to others.

The H8000Fw is truly amazing .If you have anymore ideals please let me know.

peace

Roc

WoW
      Hey nice to hear from you, this is what I'm talking about .
      sharing knowledge ,You must know I'm new to the H8000FW or anything like it.
      To me using the H8000FW is like being an astronomer ,you search presets like looking for stars
      and sometime people find stars,galaxies,black holes,nebulas,supernovas,rocks,matter,gravity
      new planets etc… that you my never see and they give you the location
      so you can take a look or in this case take a listen . I think you may have shown me some new worlds my friend.

peace

IDeangelis

"you search presets like looking for stars
      and sometime people find stars, galaxies, black holes, nebulas, supernovas, rocks, matter, gravity
      new planets"

BEST description of an Eventide Ultra-Harmonizer EVER!

Thank YOU!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.